Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Thu 18 Apr - 21:29

» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Sat 13 Apr - 2:32

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Personality traits linked to political orientation

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Empty Re: Personality traits linked to political orientation

Post Neon Knight Wed 12 Feb - 9:10

Sary wrote:
Neon Knight wrote:This is just a test of 'purity', one of the six factors from the Moral Foundations test: http://chartsme.com/

My result: Your brain is Republican: 71% Conservative, 29% Liberal

Your brain is democrat 68%.  
I guess because I don't find natural bodily functions, sickness, death particularly disgusting that makes me liberal.
I don't think this is a good test.
You scored high on purity on the Foundations test, so they can't both be right! Yeah, this questionnaire is quite possibly experimental and not properly balanced. Ideally we'd be able to take the brain imaging test which is obviously a lot more direct.

I've done my own questionnaire to try to measure different types of liberalism/conservatism which I'll post on another thread. In the meantime, have a look at this:
Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Lib__c10

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2363

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Empty Re: Personality traits linked to political orientation

Post Neon Knight Sun 26 Jul - 2:23

I recently finished reading The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt, one of the main architects of Moral Foundations Theory.

The Fairness element is about fairness in the sense of proportionality - people being rewarded according to their efforts. Authority is really about accepting the need for hierarchies to maintain order - following reasonable orders, expecting one's own orders to be obeyed and having more respect for the people higher up in the chain of command. So I think Authority should be called Hierarchy instead. And I reckon the opposite of it is Equality, illustrated on the second chart below:

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Moral_15

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Moral_17

Haidt says that humans only developed social hierarchies when they settled down to farm and own land, so maybe the desire for equality is an ancient instinct, still present in all people but more in some than others. So maybe progressives are really regressives!

This would help a lot to explain why liberals/progressives are so concerned with subverting traditional orders and demanding 'equal rights', and I think communism is an extreme expression of that instinct. Haidt puts this down to the Liberty foundation but I think that muddies his theory a bit because liberty causes people to rebel against genuine oppression, not against the traditional command structures in a culture (although hierarchies can be oppressive).

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 28 Jul - 3:20

The protests against the Hierarchy are becoming increasingly violent across the USA.
The thugs are literally burning our cities, federal buildings and all!
And the mayors and governors are encouraging it. It makes me sick to watch this happen.
It is hard to believe that things are changing so fast toward anarchy and that most people want to live in that kind of world.
I think we need more authority not less.

As far as equality, of course we should all have equal opportunity but achievements and hard work should be recognized and rewarded. Otherwise what is the point in even trying?

Traditional ways seems to be on the decline across the world   Tears

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 2 Nov - 17:32

This is an unusual political test:  https://www.idrlabs.com/faces/test.php

The first time I did it my result was almost exactly the same as the red 'Right-wing' line on the graph but I can't find the file so I did it again and got this:

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Politi12

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 75
Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 83.3
Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 79.2

Unlike most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle internal matters.
Like most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle external threats.
Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically right-wing.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Wed 10 Nov - 2:27

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 C70b8110

Your INGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 41.7

Your OUTGROUP DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 83.3

Your TOTAL DOMINANCE PERCENTAGE is: 62.5

Like most people, you prefer a Cooperative leader to handle internal matters.

Like most people, you prefer a Dominant leader to handle external threats.

Overall, your choice of leaders suggests that you are politically right-wing.

The choice between the two faces looks like a variation of the same person, but morphed into male or female.  I chose female for Ingroup problems and male for the Outgroup.
Interesting we scored the same for the Outgroup.
Did you know that here in the United States of America congress is trying to pass a law that will make it mandatory for women to sign up for the draft.
Yeah, we will be sending 18 year old girls to fight our wars.  I’m sure our enemies are getting a big laugh out of that one.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 6 Sep - 17:42

This is similar to the six moral foundations test but has a few more elements -
https://www.idrlabs.com/moral-vignettes/test.php

My results:

Strongest values:  Nurture & Lifestyle Liberty.
Your morality was closest to that of a conservative.

Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Moral_19

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 10 Sep - 2:38

My results:
Strongest values:
Fairness-proportionally and Lifestyle liberty
My morality is closest to a libertarian.
Personality traits linked to political orientation - Page 3 Aff53810

I feel a little bit guilty because of my results, somewhat complacent.
If more people thought and voted conservatively the world would probably be a better place. The progressive liberals when in control have no problem at all pushing radical agendas, but
When conservatives take power they are for some reason afraid? to implement their moral values into law.  Trump was the exception and we see what is happening to him.
I suppose that my outlook is partly because I am a product of the boomer generation . . . Live and let live, try your best to thrive and not to hurt anyone along the way.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sun 11 Sep - 21:52

You do look classically libertarian on this test, but I'd expect that for many Americans. Your very low Equality score keeps you out of the Left-Liberal category. I think they made a good distinction there, between Proportional Fairness and Equality Fairness. But on the six foundations test previously you got Conservative, so I think we should take the average and call you a Libertarian Conservative - inbetween the two. That's pretty much the Republicans isn't it?

When conservatives take power they are for some reason afraid? to implement their moral values into law.
It's the same in Britain with the Conservative Party. After the last election they had an 80 seat majority but they haven't done much to reverse the liberal advances of the last 20 years and the illegal immigration has got worse. We'll see what the new Prime Minister, Liz Truss, will do.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Mon 12 Sep - 0:40

I don’t know much about Liz Truss, I did see this clip on one of the conservative sites.

1994 was a long time ago and people do change but she sounds very hardcore lefty Tears

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 27 Sep - 1:30

She was only about 19 there, and it's like you say. In my early 20s I moderately supported abolishing the Monarchy and having Britain in a European superstate (just because it sounded epic) but by my late 20s I'd moved to the opposite positions. So far she intends to cut taxes, increase production of fossil fuels and loosen restrictions on the immigration of workers, so she's looking like another one of those libertarians who call themselves conservatives. It's not a surprise to me.

EDIT: I very much agree with increasing our traditional energy production. I'm not at all sure about her economic policy - it's being much criticised. One of the last things a conservative politician would want to do is increase government borrowing.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Thu 29 Sep - 3:32

Yeah having control of and being energy independent is very important to the safety and security of a nation and was one of the first things that Biden gave up when he became president.
I understand the need for immigration of workers, Americans have become very soft and lazy. There is a shortage of doctors here, it is not an easy path to become a physician and the pay isn’t what it use to be. It seems the smartest and hardest working American born would rather go into more lucrative fields like tech and finance.
I think that there should absolutely be limitations on who is being allowed to come into the country.
The open border that we now have is dangerous and wrong.

I don’t know if it is a good thing or bad . . . the way that the U.K changes Prime Ministers so frequently.
I wish that we could fire demented Joe Biden before he escalates the war in Ukraine any farther.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Fri 7 Oct - 11:00

It's only really been since Brexit (and because of it) that our prime ministers have changed frequently. David Cameron resigned and was replaced by Theresa May who resigned herself after three years. Then Boris Johnson was forced to resign after three years and two months. It doesn't look like Liz Truss will be in office for very long either. I think if a governing party changes its leader it should trigger a general election, then they would be less likely to do it.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 17 Oct - 23:29

First-Born Children Are More Likely to Grow Up Into Conservatives
New research from Italy suggests the effect is independent of the ideology of one’s parents.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/first-born-children-likely-grow-conservatives-81925

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 25 Oct - 2:25

You were exactly right about Liz Truss not lasting very long. How humiliating for her being forced to resign. She really should have been given half a chance, at least six months to see if she could make things better. Changing leadership so often can not be good. I hope your new PM can fulfill the job, he seems smart enough.
The one thing I heard that Liz did to anger the British people was that she wanted to cut taxes and try to jumpstart the economy.
That sounds like a great idea to me, so long as they’re not raising taxes why should anyone care?  Everything is so expensive now, prices are going up everyday, it is the middle class that is suffering the most.  
Government is greedy, always wanting more money to fund created social issues, immigration and of course now the war in Ukraine, with no talk of peace it only seems to be getting worse.
Everything seems to be getting worse.
It is all so unsettling and I try not to think about it.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 31 Oct - 17:09

Sary wrote:You were exactly right about Liz Truss not lasting very long. How humiliating for her being forced to resign. She really should have been given half a chance, at least six months to see if she could make things better. Changing leadership so often can not be good. I hope your new PM can fulfill the job, he seems smart enough.
The one thing I heard that Liz did to anger the British people was that she wanted to cut taxes and try to jumpstart the economy.  That sounds like a great idea to me, so long as they’re not raising taxes why should anyone care?  Everything is so expensive now, prices are going up everyday, it is the middle class that is suffering the most.
I didn't think she'd only last six weeks and a couple of days. The mistake she and the Chancelllor seem to have made was announcing tax cuts as well as financial help for people to pay their energy bills. This implied more government borrowing (already high) to fund it all and that's what caused 'the markets' to lose confidence. But I think it was an overreaction and, yes, she should have been given a proper chance and allowed to learn a bit. There's a lot of impatience in politics these days.

Regarding the article about first-borns being more conservative, does that fit your observations of people you know? Are the younger brothers or sisters usually more liberal?

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top