Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Thu 18 Apr - 21:29

» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Sat 13 Apr - 2:32

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Would future robots be given legal rights?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would future robots be given legal rights? Empty Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight Fri 8 Dec - 21:45

Suppose there were robots whose brains were functionally identical to human brains i.e. they could perform the same mental and emotional processing but through electronic circuitry instead of with biological cells and chemical transmitters. These robots would have built-in features which made them obey human voice commands such as 'go', 'stop', 'switch off', etc.

Would it be justifiable to keep such robots as slaves, switiching them on and off as we pleased and choosing when to electrically re-charge them? Or should the robots be free to look after themselves?

What other rights might they be granted?

Would future robots be given legal rights? Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2363

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Would future robots be given legal rights? Empty .

Post Vendég Fri 8 Dec - 21:57

Neon Knight wrote:Suppose there were robots whose brains were functionally identical to human brains i.e. they could perform the same mental and emotional processing but through electronic circuitry instead of with biological cells and chemical transmitters. These robots would have built-in features which made them obey human voice commands such as 'go', 'stop', 'switch off', etc.

Would it be justifiable to keep such robots as slaves, switiching them on and off as we pleased and choosing when to electrically re-charge them? Or should the robots be free to look after themselves?

If they have "emotions" i would treat them as humans. This could be dangerous if they are very intelligent, but I think I'm too emotional, and I would treat them as human being. They would be "electric humans".

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Would future robots be given legal rights? Empty Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight Fri 8 Dec - 22:12

Magyar Lány wrote:
Neon Knight wrote:Suppose there were robots whose brains were functionally identical to human brains i.e. they could perform the same mental and emotional processing but through electronic circuitry instead of with biological cells and chemical transmitters. These robots would have built-in features which made them obey human voice commands such as 'go', 'stop', 'switch off', etc.

If they have "emotions" i would treat them as humans. This could be dangerous if they are very intelligent, but I think I'm too emotional, and I would treat them as human being. They would be "electric humans".
That raises a key philosophical question. The robots would display emotions but how could we be sure they actually felt the emotions? Actually, how can we be sure other humans actually feel emotions? This is called 'the problem of other minds'.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Vendég Fri 8 Dec - 22:21

Neon Knight wrote:
Magyar Lány wrote:

That raises a key philosophical question. The robots would display emotions but how could we be sure they actually felt the emotions? Actually, how can we be sure other humans actually feel emotions? This is called 'the problem of other minds'.

I wish i could be a mind reader. Most people is "fake", bc most of them is two-faced & hyprocrite, they simulate kindness & love according to their interests. Robots will simulate feelings and emotions like today most of the people. Everybody has emotions, only psychopats are exceptions.

Of course there are very lovely people, too.

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Post Vendég Fri 8 Dec - 22:35

Maybe I don't understand this philosophical problem totally. I never will be able to feel what you feel, I just assume it based on your words, body language and behaviour.

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Would future robots be given legal rights? Empty Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight Fri 8 Dec - 22:43

Magyar Lány wrote:Maybe I don't understand this philosophical problem totally. I never will be able to feel what you feel, I just assume it based on your words, body language and behaviour.
You understand it very well Smile 1 The assumption is very hard to test. Perhaps impossible to test. Maybe the robots would make a legal challenge using this argument.

By the way, I think psychopaths do have emotions but they cannot imagine how other people might feel - no empathy - so they are able to treat others ruthlessly, without guilt or pity.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Vendég Fri 8 Dec - 23:08

Neon Knight wrote:
Magyar Lány wrote:Maybe I don't understand this philosophical problem totally. I never will be able to feel what you feel, I just assume it based on your words, body language and behaviour.
You understand it very well Smile 1  The assumption is very hard to test. Perhaps impossible to test. Maybe the robots would make a legal challenge using this argument.

By the way, I think psychopaths do have emotions but they cannot imagine how other people might feel - no empathy - so they are able to treat others ruthlessly, without guilt or pity.

Maybe you're right about psychopats.

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Post Aëlwenn Sat 9 Dec - 17:40

I think they deserved the same right as humans, and I think we can accept humans who marrying with robots.
Every life on earth deserved same rights and respect.
So do you considered robots as living creature ?
For me, yes. What about you ?
Aëlwenn
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 9 Dec - 17:47

Aëlwenn wrote:I think they deserved the same right as humans, and I think we can accept humans who marrying with robots.

I know,right ... we better be nice to the robots,before get mad at us and make us their slaves!
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sat 9 Dec - 21:15

Aëlwenn wrote:I think they deserved the same right as humans, and I think we can accept humans who marrying with robots.
I remember in biology at school, a living thing was defined by GRIMNER (I didn't remember every part but I found it on the web):

1) Growth - permanent increase in size
2) Reproduction - ability to produce offspring
3) Irritability - the ability to detect and respond to stimuli (changes in the environment)
4) Movement - ability to change the position of the whole or part of the body
5) Nutrition
6) Excretion - removal of metabolic waste
7) Respiration - ability to release energy from food

A metal and plastic robot would not qualify as a living thing by GRIMNER, but does life have to be carbon-based? I think if a metal and plastic robot had a silicon chip computer brain which could do everything a human brain could do then we would have to give it equal status to humans.

But highly inteligent robots 'set free' would be able to reproduce and improve themselves and they could turn against humans, as sci-fi writers have imagined. I think it would be a very unpredictable and dangerous situation.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Mon 11 Dec - 22:40

I could never think of a robot the same that I would a human being. We are not God ,we are making machines not people.
It is prevented to me to even imagine married to a robot...very weird.
It is a grey area when considering the different types of technology that can be implanted into a human body. A hybrid man and machine,no sickness no death ,but at what price?
At what point does one become post human?
Do feel that you were born insufficient?

Hubris[edit]

It has been argued that in transhumanist thought humans attempt to substitute themselves for God. This approach is exemplified by the 2002 Vatican statement Communion and Stewardship: Human Persons Created in the Image of God,[96] in which it is stated that, "Changing the genetic identity of man as a human person through the production of an infrahuman being is radically immoral", implying, as it would, that "man has full right of disposal over his own biological nature". At the same time, this statement argues that creation of a superhuman or spiritually superior being is "unthinkable", since true improvement can come only through religious experience and "realizing more fully the image of God". Christian theologians and lay activists of several churches and denominations have expressed similar objections to transhumanism and claimed that Christians attain in the afterlife what radical transhumanism promises, such as indefinite life extension or the abolition of suffering. In this view, transhumanism is just another representative of the long line of utopian movements which seek to create Heaven on earth.
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Vendég Mon 11 Dec - 22:58

Sary wrote:I could never think of a robot the same that I would a human being.  We are not God ,we are making machines not people.
It is prevented to me to even imagine married to a robot...very weird.
It is a grey area when considering the different types of technology that can be implanted into a human body. A hybrid man and machine,no sickness no death ,but at what price?
At what point does one become post human?
Do feel that you were born insufficient?

Hubris[edit]

It has been argued that in transhumanist thought humans attempt to substitute themselves for God. This approach is exemplified by the 2002 Vatican statement Communion and Stewardship: Human Persons Created in the Image of God,[96] in which it is stated that, "Changing the genetic identity of man as a human person through the production of an infrahuman being is radically immoral", implying, as it would, that "man has full right of disposal over his own biological nature". At the same time, this statement argues that creation of a superhuman or spiritually superior being is "unthinkable", since true improvement can come only through religious experience and "realizing more fully the image of God". Christian theologians and lay activists of several churches and denominations have expressed similar objections to transhumanism and claimed that Christians attain in the afterlife what radical transhumanism promises, such as indefinite life extension or the abolition of suffering. In this view, transhumanism is just another representative of the long line of utopian movements which seek to create Heaven on earth.

Marrying a robot is really a bizarre idea. Smile 1

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 11 Dec - 23:28

A scene from a famous film Smile 1

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Vendég Mon 11 Dec - 23:33

Neon Knight wrote:A scene from a famous film Smile 1

Video is unavailable to me.

Vendég

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Wed 13 Dec - 0:31

Neon Knight wrote:A scene from a famous film Smile 1

A cult classic for sure,the remake with Nicole Kidman was pretty good too.

I remember A.I as being a very sentimental ,beautiful film,one I would not mind watching again.
A real tear jerker ...those poor robots!

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top