Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Fishing tribe evolved for deep water diving
by Neon Knight Yesterday at 23:20

» Favourite Film Scenes
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:42

» I wrote a book
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:41

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Fri 22 Jun - 22:58

» Hungary Refuses to Sign Migration Declaration
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Jun - 8:31

» Steam tells the SJW's to Stuff it.
by frankhammer Tue 19 Jun - 16:41

» New exhibition of JRR Tolkien's art in Oxford
by Sary Tue 19 Jun - 0:40

» Chinese village reclaimed by nature
by Sary Sat 16 Jun - 22:21

» 42% support for a united Ireland in Northern Ireland
by Neon Knight Fri 15 Jun - 21:04

» Austria’s Kurz wants ‘axis of willing’ against illegal migration
by OsricPearl Fri 15 Jun - 3:04

» How will morality change in future?
by OsricPearl Thu 14 Jun - 3:12

» Old Film Trailers
by Sary Wed 13 Jun - 0:12

» Sharing 'hate' posts online could mean six months in prison
by Neon Knight Mon 11 Jun - 21:20

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Jun - 23:42

» The World Rule of Law Index
by Neon Knight Fri 8 Jun - 19:25

» Confusing Victims with Heroes
by Sary Tue 5 Jun - 22:46

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 22:11

» Whispering Iceland
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 0:08

» WWII re-enacment scrapped for fear of causing offence
by Neon Knight Sun 3 Jun - 16:36

» Faith J Goldy demonstrates double standard on race
by Sary Sat 2 Jun - 1:19

» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» New & Recent Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

» 1970s British Punks and the Swastika
by Neon Knight Sat 19 May - 19:33

» 50 years ago, Arizona bought London Bridge for £1m
by Neon Knight Tue 15 May - 19:38

» Lecturers told to attend 'white privilege' seminars
by Aëlwenn Mon 14 May - 15:53

» Are you a nerd? Take the test
by frankhammer Sun 13 May - 7:37

» Should carrying a mobile phone be compulsory?
by Neon Knight Fri 11 May - 1:11

» Big chocolate spill on Polish highway!
by Sary Fri 11 May - 1:05

» Baby fox and badgers become friends at sanctuary
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:10

» Ronnie James Dio Appreciation Thread
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:06

» There's only 11 mins of play in an American football game
by Neon Knight Tue 8 May - 19:04

» The present day practice of Ásatrú in Iceland
by OsricPearl Tue 8 May - 16:45

» 44 genes linked to depression
by Sary Mon 7 May - 22:51


Would future robots be given legal rights?

Reply to topic

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight on Thu 14 Dec - 0:07

If it's anything like E.T. then it's probably too sentimental for me.

I was thinking that highly intelligent robots would probably not have emotional attachments to people, places and ideas like humans do because they would come into existence with a lot of instant knowledge. I reckon it would be hard to predict their behaviour.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sary on Thu 14 Dec - 0:34

@Neon Knight wrote:If it's anything like E.T. then it's probably too sentimental for me.

I was thinking that highly intelligent robots would probably not have emotional attachments to people, places and ideas like humans do because they would come into existence with a lot of instant knowledge. I reckon it would be hard to predict their behaviour.
It is a beautiful movie,I highly recommend it,nothing like ET
As far as emotional attachments,that is a human state of being.
avatar
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 287
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight on Thu 14 Dec - 0:46

@Sary wrote:As far as emotional attachments,that is a human state of being.
And animal. And why not robot?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sary on Thu 14 Dec - 0:52

@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:As far as emotional attachments,that is a human state of being.
And animal. And why not robot?

Mmmmmm .....no ,animals perceive differently than man. We are a higher being.
avatar
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 287
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight on Fri 15 Dec - 17:27

@Sary wrote:Mmmmmm .....no ,animals perceive differently than man. We are a higher being.

You don't think animals experience emotions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sary on Sat 16 Dec - 1:16

@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:Mmmmmm .....no ,animals perceive differently than man. We are a higher being.

You don't think animals experience emotions?

I do not believe that animals experience emotions. Animals have a strong instinct and some form of primative feelings but emotions ,I think,are a higher human brain function.

Emotions are evoked by sensory feelings,the release of neurotransmitters. The human brain tries to make some sort of sense out of these feelings through memories ,intuition,logic,music,art.

I love my dog,but I do not fool myself and think that he loves me back.

Do you think that animals and "robots" are capable of emotions?
avatar
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 287
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Aëlwenn on Sat 16 Dec - 17:42

@Sary wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:Mmmmmm .....no ,animals perceive differently than man. We are a higher being.

You don't think animals experience emotions?

I do not believe that animals experience emotions. Animals have a strong instinct and some form of primative feelings but emotions ,I think,are a higher human brain function.

Emotions are evoked by sensory feelings,the release of neurotransmitters.  The human brain tries to make some sort of sense out of these feelings through memories ,intuition,logic,music,art.

I love my dog,but I do not fool myself and think that he loves me back.

Do you think that animals and "robots" are capable of emotions?

Very strange. You said we are not God, but you talking about animals like you know what they feelings...
Second, more and more studies showing animals have emotions and empathy.
Far more than many humans. I’m on my iPhone so I can’t post the link but I will post them back in my home.


Marry robot is weird or not ? Dunno, who we are to judge the feelings and love of people ?
I would say if one person want to marry a robot, she deserved the right to do.
avatar
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 151
Join date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sary on Sat 16 Dec - 17:52

@Aëlwenn wrote:
@Sary wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:Mmmmmm .....no ,animals perceive differently than man. We are a higher being.

You don't think animals experience emotions?

I do not believe that animals experience emotions. Animals have a strong instinct and some form of primative feelings but emotions ,I think,are a higher human brain function.

Emotions are evoked by sensory feelings,the release of neurotransmitters.  The human brain tries to make some sort of sense out of these feelings through memories ,intuition,logic,music,art.

I love my dog,but I do not fool myself and think that he loves me back.

Do you think that animals and "robots" are capable of emotions?

Very strange. You said we are not God, but you talking about animals like you know what they feelings...
Second, more and more studies showing animals have emotions and empathy.
Far more than many humans. I’m on my iPhone so I can’t post the link but I will post them back in my home.


Marry robot is weird or not ? Dunno, who we are to judge the feelings  and love of people ?
I would say if one person want to marry a robot, she deserved the right to do.


These are just my thoughts,ofc my religion and study of neurology influence my opinions.
I am not trying to offend anyone.
I love animals and nature Smile 1
avatar
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 287
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight on Sat 16 Dec - 22:44

@Sary wrote:I do not believe that animals experience emotions. Animals have a strong instinct and some form of primative feelings but emotions, I think, are a higher human brain function.

Emotions are evoked by sensory feelings, the release of neurotransmitters. The human brain tries to make some sort of sense out of these feelings through memories, intuition, logic, music, art.

I love my dog, but I do not fool myself and think that he loves me back.

Do you think that animals and "robots" are capable of emotions?
If we can agree that the more complex the brain, the more complex the emotions, then I think a lizard just has sensations whereas a dog or elephant experiences simple emotions like anger and sadness but not complex ones like pity and nostalgia.

If we could identify a pattern of biochemical activity in the human brain for a certain emotion and then identify the equivalent electrical activity in a robot's computer brain then I think we would have to conclude that the robot does indeed feel that emotion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post de Burgh on Sun 17 Dec - 19:54

It would be dangerous to give robots sapience because their cognition would be dictated by pure logic combined with self awareness; they would be more of a threat than what it is worth. Which is why it would be better to have a mechanism to override their functioning and keep them in a subservient state of mind. This way, their cognition/purpose should only be limited to what they were programmed to do. Even with emotions, they haven't been shaped by evolution naturally like us to counterbalance the instability of powerful emotions. We should solely focus on humanity's survival; any robot will almost always have superior intelligence due to them solely being created to be solely dictated by logic combined with powerful emotions is a recipe for disaster. Which is why robots/artificial intelligence should only be programmed to perform complex functions such as running technology, performing tasks, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piercing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. [...]'
˜ H.P. Lovecraft
avatar
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 117
Join date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

.

Post Vendég on Sun 17 Dec - 21:16

@de Burgh wrote:It would be dangerous to give robots sapience because their cognition would be dictated by pure logic combined with self awareness; they would be more of a threat than what it is worth. Which is why it would be better to have a mechanism to override their functioning and keep them in a subservient state of mind. This way, their cognition/purpose should only be limited to what they were programmed to do. Even with emotions, they haven't been shaped by evolution naturally like us to counterbalance the instability of powerful emotions. We should solely focus on humanity's survival; any robot will almost always have superior intelligence due to them solely being created to be solely dictated by logic combined with powerful emotions is a recipe for disaster. Which is why robots/artificial intelligence should only be programmed to perform complex functions such as running technology, performing tasks, etc.

What if these robots will get hacked or get a virus?

Vendég
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sary on Sun 17 Dec - 23:50

This is a great topic,it is very interesting to see the technology that is being made available. Japan as usual is on the cutting edge developing this type of technology.
I can see how humanoid robots could have a function in society ,primarily for the care of the sick and the elderly. The growing population of seniors will need to be addressed.



On the other hand ,the sexbot robot that has gotten a lot of attention lately,is bizarre to me. To form a relationship with a machine and to think of it as a person,is kind of sad. I just don't get it. I am not judging,merely observing,trying to be open minded .

I guess if your husband was robot,it would come with some perks. You would not have to cook and clean so much. Why worry about your weight or looks,surely he could be programmed to love you no matter what. If he started giving you grief or wanted to do something that you did not want to do you could simply turn him off LOL 1



avatar
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 287
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Neon Knight on Mon 18 Dec - 0:30

Magyar Lány wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:It would be dangerous to give robots sapience because their cognition would be dictated by pure logic combined with self awareness; they would be more of a threat than what it is worth. Which is why it would be better to have a mechanism to override their functioning and keep them in a subservient state of mind. This way, their cognition/purpose should only be limited to what they were programmed to do. Even with emotions, they haven't been shaped by evolution naturally like us to counterbalance the instability of powerful emotions. We should solely focus on humanity's survival; any robot will almost always have superior intelligence due to them solely being created to be solely dictated by logic combined with powerful emotions is a recipe for disaster. Which is why robots/artificial intelligence should only be programmed to perform complex functions such as running technology, performing tasks, etc.

What if these robots will get hacked or get a virus?
As another safety measure, they would have to be cut off from Wi-Fi / radio communication.

I get the feeling that people in the future will be complacent about the dangers of intelligent robots and there will be some trouble. Computers can already beat most humans at chess.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

.

Post Vendég on Mon 18 Dec - 0:50

@Neon Knight wrote:
Magyar Lány wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:It would be dangerous to give robots sapience because their cognition would be dictated by pure logic combined with self awareness; they would be more of a threat than what it is worth. Which is why it would be better to have a mechanism to override their functioning and keep them in a subservient state of mind. This way, their cognition/purpose should only be limited to what they were programmed to do. Even with emotions, they haven't been shaped by evolution naturally like us to counterbalance the instability of powerful emotions. We should solely focus on humanity's survival; any robot will almost always have superior intelligence due to them solely being created to be solely dictated by logic combined with powerful emotions is a recipe for disaster. Which is why robots/artificial intelligence should only be programmed to perform complex functions such as running technology, performing tasks, etc.

What if these robots will get hacked or get a virus?
As another safety measure, they would have to be cut off from Wi-Fi / radio communication.

I get the feeling that people in the future will be complacent about the dangers of intelligent robots and there will be some trouble. Computers can already beat most humans at chess.


Fears of sci fi writers will come true. Robots turn against the people.

Vendég
Guest


Back to top Go down

.

Post Vendég on Mon 18 Dec - 22:27

@Sary wrote:This is a great topic,it is very interesting to see the technology that is being made available. Japan as usual is on the cutting edge developing this type of technology.
I can see how humanoid robots could have a function in society ,primarily for the care of the sick and the elderly. The growing population of seniors will need to be addressed.



On the other hand ,the sexbot robot that has gotten a lot of attention lately,is bizarre to me. To form a relationship with a machine and to think of it as a person,is kind of sad. I just don't get it. I am not judging,merely observing,trying to be open minded .

I guess if your husband was robot,it would come with some perks. You would not have to cook and clean so much. Why worry about your weight or looks,surely he could be programmed to love you no matter what. If he started giving you grief or wanted to do something that you did not want to do you could simply turn him off  LOL 1




These robots would be useful to my old parents.
You described wonderfully the ideal husband. Evil Laugh (joking) Very Happy

Vendég
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would future robots be given legal rights?

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum