Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Fishing tribe evolved for deep water diving
by Neon Knight Yesterday at 23:20

» Favourite Film Scenes
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:42

» I wrote a book
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:41

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Fri 22 Jun - 22:58

» Hungary Refuses to Sign Migration Declaration
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Jun - 8:31

» Steam tells the SJW's to Stuff it.
by frankhammer Tue 19 Jun - 16:41

» New exhibition of JRR Tolkien's art in Oxford
by Sary Tue 19 Jun - 0:40

» Chinese village reclaimed by nature
by Sary Sat 16 Jun - 22:21

» 42% support for a united Ireland in Northern Ireland
by Neon Knight Fri 15 Jun - 21:04

» Austria’s Kurz wants ‘axis of willing’ against illegal migration
by OsricPearl Fri 15 Jun - 3:04

» How will morality change in future?
by OsricPearl Thu 14 Jun - 3:12

» Old Film Trailers
by Sary Wed 13 Jun - 0:12

» Sharing 'hate' posts online could mean six months in prison
by Neon Knight Mon 11 Jun - 21:20

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Jun - 23:42

» The World Rule of Law Index
by Neon Knight Fri 8 Jun - 19:25

» Confusing Victims with Heroes
by Sary Tue 5 Jun - 22:46

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 22:11

» Whispering Iceland
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 0:08

» WWII re-enacment scrapped for fear of causing offence
by Neon Knight Sun 3 Jun - 16:36

» Faith J Goldy demonstrates double standard on race
by Sary Sat 2 Jun - 1:19

» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» New & Recent Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

» 1970s British Punks and the Swastika
by Neon Knight Sat 19 May - 19:33

» 50 years ago, Arizona bought London Bridge for £1m
by Neon Knight Tue 15 May - 19:38

» Lecturers told to attend 'white privilege' seminars
by Aëlwenn Mon 14 May - 15:53

» Are you a nerd? Take the test
by frankhammer Sun 13 May - 7:37

» Should carrying a mobile phone be compulsory?
by Neon Knight Fri 11 May - 1:11

» Big chocolate spill on Polish highway!
by Sary Fri 11 May - 1:05

» Baby fox and badgers become friends at sanctuary
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:10

» Ronnie James Dio Appreciation Thread
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:06

» There's only 11 mins of play in an American football game
by Neon Knight Tue 8 May - 19:04

» The present day practice of Ásatrú in Iceland
by OsricPearl Tue 8 May - 16:45

» 44 genes linked to depression
by Sary Mon 7 May - 22:51


Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Magyar Lány on Fri 8 Dec - 19:12

Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers
Budapest also faces legal action over university and NGO laws.

By JUDITH MISCHKE 12/7/17, 1:42 PM CET Updated 12/7/17, 9:29 PM CET
The European Commission said Thursday it would take Hungary, Poland and the Czech Republic to the European Court of Justice (ECJ) over their refusal to host asylum seekers.

The Commission also said it would take Hungary to the ECJ, the EU’s highest court, over two other controversial legal matters: its higher education law, which critics say curbs academic freedom, and its law on foreign-funded NGOs, which some Hungarians argue is designed to weaken independent civil society.

The Commission also took legal proceedings over Hungary’s asylum law to the next step, by issuing a formal request for Budapest to comply with EU law. It said Budapest’s response to a Commission letter expressing concerns about the law was “found to be unsatisfactory as it failed to address the majority of the concerns.”

Hungary has been given a deadline of two months to respond to the latest step in the Commission’s action over the law. If it fails to comply, it will also be referred to the ECJ.

Critics say the higher education law aims to weaken the Budapest-based Central European University, a popular university with foreign students founded by the billionaire George Soros, who has a long-running feud with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán.

https://www.politico.eu/article/refugees-europe-brussels-to-sue-hungary-poland-and-czech-republic-over-asylum-seekers/

Magyar Lány
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Neon Knight on Fri 8 Dec - 21:43

Maybe these countries would be better in a Central European Union of their own with some special trade deals with the EU.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Magyar Lány on Fri 8 Dec - 21:49

@Neon Knight wrote:Maybe these countries would be better in a Central European Union of their own with some special trade deals with the EU.

Great idea. I will suggest to our PM tomorrow. Wink 1

Magyar Lány
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post OsricPearl on Sat 9 Dec - 3:47

That's why trading one's national sovereignty for money is not a good idea. Now they're talking about a "United States" of Europe? Ugh. NO! Just say NO!
avatar
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Neon Knight on Sat 9 Dec - 21:31

@OsricPearl wrote:That's why trading one's national sovereignty for money is not a good idea. Now they're talking about a "United States" of Europe? Ugh. NO! Just say NO!
I used to like the idea of a U.S.E. because I thought it would be grand and glorious. Then I realised it would have weak democracy with so many people and member states. And, of course, all the different languages and economic conditions. A U.S.E. isn't necessary anyway - there can still be close cooperation without a central European government.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post OsricPearl on Mon 11 Dec - 15:04

@Neon Knight wrote:
@OsricPearl wrote:That's why trading one's national sovereignty for money is not a good idea. Now they're talking about a "United States" of Europe? Ugh. NO! Just say NO!
I used to like the idea of a U.S.E. because I thought it would be grand and glorious. Then I realised it would have weak democracy with so many people and member states. And, of course, all the different languages and economic conditions. A U.S.E. isn't necessary anyway - there can still be close cooperation without a central European government.

how about all the disparate cultures? different people prefer different political styles. I don't see Frenchmen, Englishmen, Germans, and Spaniards getting along under a single governmental system.
avatar
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Aëlwenn on Mon 11 Dec - 18:40

@OsricPearl wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:
@OsricPearl wrote:That's why trading one's national sovereignty for money is not a good idea. Now they're talking about a "United States" of Europe? Ugh. NO! Just say NO!
I used to like the idea of a U.S.E. because I thought it would be grand and glorious. Then I realised it would have weak democracy with so many people and member states. And, of course, all the different languages and economic conditions. A U.S.E. isn't necessary anyway - there can still be close cooperation without a central European government.

how about all the disparate cultures? different people prefer different political styles. I don't see Frenchmen, Englishmen, Germans, and Spaniards getting along under a single governmental system.  

What it’s different between them, except the monarchy and federal system ?
All of theses countries, except Spain, have liberals leaders.

And the United States of Europe is an idea without leaving the national sovereignty.
avatar
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 151
Join date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Brussels to sue Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic over asylum-seekers

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum