Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Old Film Trailers (to 2009)
by Sary Today at 0:18

» Marble head of Dionysus discovered under Rome
by Sary Yesterday at 23:49

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 4:02

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Sary Tue 18 Jun - 1:15

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jun - 20:19

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Sat 15 Jun - 0:48

» Opinions on National Identity by Country
by OsricPearl Thu 13 Jun - 5:00

» Denmark's New Government
by Sary Thu 13 Jun - 0:27

» Favourite Film & TV Scenes
by Neon Knight Wed 12 Jun - 23:03

» The genetic argument against race - how good is it?
by Neon Knight Tue 11 Jun - 0:15

» Rise of Nationalist Parties in Europe
by Neon Knight Fri 7 Jun - 23:24

» WWII bomb in London
by OsricPearl Wed 5 Jun - 17:37

» Tommy Robinson
by Neon Knight Mon 27 May - 23:10

» I'm moving
by Sary Mon 27 May - 22:39

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Mon 27 May - 8:56

» The Englishmen with African Y-DNA
by Neon Knight Sun 26 May - 19:03

» Vampires
by OsricPearl Sun 26 May - 3:26

» Social Perception of Skin Colour in Japan
by OsricPearl Sun 26 May - 3:24

» Classic TV Theme Music
by Neon Knight Wed 22 May - 23:11

» Screening prisoners for brain injuries could cut re-offending
by Sary Sat 18 May - 12:46

» Animals - News & General
by Neon Knight Thu 16 May - 22:42

» Rainbows in European Mythology
by Sary Mon 22 Apr - 17:48

» What is your religion or phylosophical moral code?
by Sary Thu 18 Apr - 23:14

» Brexit Saga Update
by Neon Knight Fri 12 Apr - 22:53

» What do the Irish think of the English?
by Neon Knight Tue 9 Apr - 23:40

» UK: 'feral kids overrun drug-ridden jails'
by OsricPearl Mon 8 Apr - 3:46

» Science Knowledge Quiz
by Sary Wed 3 Apr - 1:01

» Germany's AfD Party
by Neon Knight Tue 2 Apr - 17:13

» 24 genes linked to wealth
by OsricPearl Fri 29 Mar - 16:14

» Mexican President Demands Reparations
by OsricPearl Thu 28 Mar - 2:22

» New Genetic Study of Iberians
by OsricPearl Tue 26 Mar - 15:31

» The Marrakesh Migration Declaration / Pact
by Neon Knight Mon 18 Mar - 21:28

» Christchurch Massacre - Right Wing Extremism
by OsricPearl Sat 16 Mar - 18:41

» Political Systems
by OsricPearl Mon 11 Mar - 2:57

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Mar - 21:15

» Why the paranormal is probably real
by Sary Sat 9 Mar - 15:42

» Classic TV Adverts
by Neon Knight Fri 1 Mar - 22:38

» My strange Phenotype
by Neon Knight Fri 1 Mar - 0:50

» Finland, Luxembourg & Ireland worst for anti-black harassment
by OsricPearl Thu 28 Feb - 14:45

» Language Test for Political Type
by OsricPearl Mon 25 Feb - 4:30


A flag to represent European people?

Reply to topic

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Wed 13 Sep - 7:46

@Sary wrote:I feel like I should not keep commenting on the castle flag design ,because I am American,but since nobody else is.....
You are fully entitled to comment on anything in the forum. All I expect of anyone posting is an interest in the topic and a bit of knowledge. What we don't know we can learn from each other Smile 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Thu 14 Sep - 22:54

The difficulty is in finding or inventing a single symbol which can represent the whole of Europe. I doubt it's possible. Combining the cross with a pagan symbol such as some kind of sun wheel I think works pretty well since the meeting of pagan and Christian traditions was unique to Europe, at least to begin with. Consider these:



A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Euro_f11




A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Euro_f12

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Jehan I on Fri 15 Sep - 17:27

@Neon Knight wrote:The difficulty is in finding or inventing a single symbol which can represent the whole of Europe. I doubt it's possible. Combining the cross with a pagan symbol such as some kind of sun wheel I think works pretty well since the meeting of pagan and Christian traditions was unique to Europe, at least to begin with. Consider these:


Maybe the map of europe draw in a old style way?
Jehan I
Jehan I
Un chevalier du château

Male Posts : 184
Join date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Sat 16 Sep - 22:06

@Jehan I wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:The difficulty is in finding or inventing a single symbol which can represent the whole of Europe. I doubt it's possible. Combining the cross with a pagan symbol such as some kind of sun wheel I think works pretty well since the meeting of pagan and Christian traditions was unique to Europe, at least to begin with. Consider these:


Maybe the map of europe draw in a old style way?
That would be worth trying.

Some proposals for a different EU flag:
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/eu!cha.html

They are not very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Sary on Sun 17 Sep - 0:43

Rem Koolhaas's design is kinda cool ,modern futuristic looking. Another striking flag imo
Is it a rainbow barcode?
So many designs to choose from.....the perfect flag ,worthy of representing all of the European people,each country,part of the whole.

A difficult decision Scratching





Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 517
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Aëlwenn on Sun 17 Sep - 11:11

@Neon Knight wrote:The difficulty is in finding or inventing a single symbol which can represent the whole of Europe. I doubt it's possible. Combining the cross with a pagan symbol such as some kind of sun wheel I think works pretty well since the meeting of pagan and Christian traditions was unique to Europe, at least to begin with. Consider these:



A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Euro_f11




A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Euro_f12

Sup’ this one Smile 1
Aëlwenn
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 165
Join date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Sun 17 Sep - 22:19

@Sary wrote:Rem Koolhaas's design is kinda cool  ,modern futuristic looking. Another striking flag imo
Is it a rainbow barcode?
So many designs to choose from.....the perfect flag ,worthy of representing all of the European people, each country, part of the whole.

A difficult decision  Scratching
I must confess, I didn't properly read the explanation to the Koolhass flag and I see now that it is quite clever, moving from west to east and converting all the national flags into stripes. But the end result still looks like a deckchair.

Imagine if all the citizens of Europe voted for a single flag to represent them. What would they find acceptable?

For me, there are two colour combinations for flags that work really well - black-white-red and black-white-blue. Unfortunately, the former can be very reminiscent of Nazi flags so one has to be careful with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Sun 17 Sep - 22:59

@Aëlwenn wrote:Sup’ this one Smile 1

I think that design is improved with a second background colour:


A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Mini_f10



A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Mini_f11


Although those two particular versions probably look too German and French  Tong Out

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Sary on Sun 22 Oct - 3:23

@de Burgh wrote:Perhaps a crusader/crusades flag; especially since it united both Western and Eastern Europe at a time under Christendom faith as its own pan-European impetus.

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 4ae513adfe1f9c12fa8c9b24dc5b192b


I like color scheme of this flag
I think that the the old paper background is a good choice ,it is neutral ,gentle ,pleasing to the eye. It gives an old world feel to written word,red and black look especially nice against it .

Perhaps a little lighter in color.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 517
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Jehan I on Sun 22 Oct - 13:10

@Sary wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:Perhaps a crusader/crusades flag; especially since it united both Western and Eastern Europe at a time under Christendom faith as its own pan-European impetus.

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 4ae513adfe1f9c12fa8c9b24dc5b192b
 

 I like color scheme of this flag
I think that the the old paper background is a good choice ,it is neutral ,gentle ,pleasing to the eye. It gives an old world feel to written word,red and black look  especially nice against it .

Perhaps a little lighter in color.



Problem is the flag is similar to georgia flag. Therefore it's impossible to choose it as an european flag.
Jehan I
Jehan I
Un chevalier du château

Male Posts : 184
Join date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Aëlwenn on Sun 22 Oct - 18:04

This flag has cool design, look closer to Georgian flag but the style is pretty good.
I personally like the flag on the left top, but why not.
Aëlwenn
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 165
Join date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty .

Post Magyar Lány on Mon 23 Oct - 1:20

@Jehan I wrote:
@Sary wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:Perhaps a crusader/crusades flag; especially since it united both Western and Eastern Europe at a time under Christendom faith as its own pan-European impetus.

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 4ae513adfe1f9c12fa8c9b24dc5b192b
 

 I like color scheme of this flag
I think that the the old paper background is a good choice ,it is neutral ,gentle ,pleasing to the eye. It gives an old world feel to written word,red and black look  especially nice against it .

Perhaps a little lighter in color.


Problem is the flag is similar to georgia flag. Therefore it's impossible to choose it as an european flag.

This Georgian flag symbolises Europe perfectly. What do you think if we rotate the flag in opposite direction? I know it isn't a revolutionary idea. Smile 1


Last edited by magyar_lány on Mon 23 Oct - 13:18; edited 1 time in total

Magyar Lány
Guest


Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Mon 23 Oct - 1:55

I don't think it's meant to have that aged look - that comes from years of use Very Happy Once it's been in the washing machine it might look a bit boring.


This was another flag for Europe I came up with a few weeks ago but I'm not sure about it:

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Europe10

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Sun 11 Feb - 13:48

This one has symbols of four ancient European civilisations: a Thor's Hammer for Nordic, sun wheel for Slavic, triskele for Celtic and Lambda shield for Greek:

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Europe12

It should probably represent Rome as well though. Maybe an imperial eagle could be put in the middle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Neon Knight on Sat 13 Oct - 20:33

My latest version of the fleur-de-lis:

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Fdl_bl12


This boy reckons the f-d-l is a sign of the Devil. He seems rather deluded Smile 1

Spoiler:


Last edited by Neon Knight on Sun 14 Oct - 8:36; edited 1 time in total

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1423
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A flag to represent European people? - Page 4 Empty Re: A flag to represent European people?

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum