Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Thu 18 Apr - 21:29

» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Sat 13 Apr - 2:32

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Time Slips

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time Slips Empty Time Slips

Post Neon Knight Sun 19 Mar - 22:43

Two English couples travelling through France stayed at a hotel which was very old fashioned . . .

https://youtu.be/Ynw4Z09LMVc

https://youtu.be/4qBRjGC7UFs

"Technically speaking, a time slip is a paranormal phenomenon in which a person, or group of people, travel through time via unknown means. As with all paranormal phenomena, the objective reality of such experiences is disputed."

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/5-bizarre-time-slip-cases-where-people-might-ve-actually-time-traveled

Time Slips Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2363

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Time Slips Empty Re: Time Slips

Post Neon Knight Sun 19 Mar - 23:01

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post de Burgh Thu 22 Jun - 17:51

That would be an interesting concept to study if such instances were more prevalent. I always liked these themed shows when I was younger; informative and straight to the point. :P
de Burgh
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 16:58

Neon Knight wrote:
Two English couples travelling through France stayed at a hotel which was very old fashioned . . .

What do others here think of this case? Are you convinced it was really a time slip? (You should be able to follow the story, even though most of the dialogue is in English).

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Jehan I Sun 9 Jul - 20:52

Neon Knight wrote:
What do others here think of this case? Are you convinced it was really a time slip? (You should be able to follow the story, even though most of the dialogue is in English).

I don't beleive it was a time slip.
There is a theory that thoses two ladys confuse a dress party and interpret it as a time slip. If they would have really meet marie antoinette, why nobody pay attention to two ladys that nobody knows and who weren't dress acording to the time. I doubt you can came to a royal party without invitation^^
Jehan I
Jehan I
Un chevalier du château

Male Posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 10 Jul - 12:13

Jehan I wrote:
Neon Knight wrote:

I don't beleive it was a time slip.
There is a theory that thoses two ladys confuse a dress party and interpret it as a time slip. If they would have really meet marie antoinette, why nobody pay attention to two ladys that nobody knows and who weren't dress acording to the time. I doubt you can came to a royal party without invitation^^
That one is not very convincing, but what about the videos below where the English people are on holiday in France and see the old fashioned things? They recreate the incidents in the film:

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 11 Jul - 0:30

I believe that time travel is possible,it would be much faster in a machine ,but quite possible in a time slip.

The people that experienced the time slip seem like ordinary folks. They cannt all be crazy liars.

Time is not linear.

Time Slips Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sat 26 Oct - 21:51

The time slip videos I originally posted the links to are no longer available but the same stories are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTf4NARnwD8

Sapphire tries to explain:

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 30 Oct - 17:45

I'm glad I revisited this thread because it led me to finding out about reports of time slips all around Bold Street in Liverpool, England.

https://www.paranormalscholar.com/liverpools-time-slips-and-mysterious-events-on-bold-street/  Quoting:

There is a road in the United Kingdom that is claimed to produce more than its fair share of time anomalies. Bold Street in Liverpool has been associated with time slips for decades, with many people having testified that this bustling, shop-lined high street contains a passageway to the past.

A police officer’s time slip story
One of the earliest known accounts is said to date back to 1996, when Frank, a police officer from Merseyside, went shopping with his wife, Carol. It was a sunny, Saturday afternoon and the pair agreed to split up: Frank wanted to look for a new CD at a music shop, and Carol wanted to go to Dillon’s Bookshop on Bold Street. Frank agreed to meet his wife at the bookshop, and so, after finishing at the music shop, walked into Bold Street. Upon passing The Lyceum, a nineteenth-century neoclassical building which marks the entrance of the road, Frank claimed to have felt a peculiar sensation. Everything had gone quiet.

Before he had a chance to ponder this change any further, a small box van supposedly honked its horn and skidded around Frank, narrowly missing him. The police officer claimed that the van looked as though it belonged in the 1950s, and had the name “Caplan’s” (or “Caplin’s”, depending on the variant of the story) stencilled on its side. Confused, Frank stepped out of the road and headed in the direction of Dillon’s Bookshop. As he got closer, however, he saw that the name “Cripps” hung above the shop, and that rather than displaying books, the windows were lined with women’s handbags and shoes.

According to the police officer’s story, it was then that he looked around and realised that people in the street were dressed rather strangely, seemingly wearing clothing from the 1940s and 50s. One person, a young woman in her twenties, stood out from the rest: she was dressed in a lime-coloured sleeveless top, and carried a handbag that Frank recognised as a popular modern-day brand. They smiled at each other as she passed him and headed into Cripps. As he followed her inside, it is claimed that the interior of the shop suddenly changed. Gone were the handbags and shoes, and in their place were bookshelves laden with paperbacks. Frank turned to the young woman, who seemed to be equally confused. When he asked her if she had seen what he had, she supposedly said yes and explained that she had thought it was a new clothes shop, and had been surprised to find the building full of books. Befuddled, Frank found his wife and went home, unable to shake his experience.

Later, he found out that a local business called Caplan’s did once exist, and that the bookshop he agreed to meet his wife in used to be a ladies’ shawl shop called Cripps.
Time Slips It529g55lwj11
Bold Street in 1966

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tom-slemens-tales-liverpool-timeslips-3372751  Quoting:

A few weeks ago, a 17-year-old girl from Garston named Imogen went to Liverpool City Centre to buy a few things for her older sister Abigail – who had just become a mum.

Imogen was pleasantly surprised to see that a new branch of Mothercare had opened on the corner of Lord Street and Whitechapel, and so she eagerly sauntered into the store, chose a few polka-dot bibs, scratch mitts, a pink velour cardigan, and several other items, all of which were incredibly low-priced.

Imogen imagined the items and accessories were being sold at introductory bargain prices because the store had just opened – until she tried to pay with her credit card. The girl behind the counter looked at the card with a suspicious expression, then went to a senior member of staff and showed her the card. The higher ranking staff-member put on her glasses and squinted closely at the card, shook her head, and handed it back to Imogen. "We don’t take those love", said the spectacled woman behind the counter. Imogen [only] had a small amount of cash on her, and so she put the items back, left the store, and went to Liverpool One.

When she returned at teatime to her Garston home, she told her mum Debbie about the incident at Mothercare – and Debbie said there was no Mothercare on the corner of Lord Street. There used to be, but it moved years ago. "Well, it’s back again," said Imogen, and her mother disagreed, because she had an account at the HSBC Bank – which stands exactly where the old Mothercare store once stood. Imogen and her mum disagreed that much, they went to town together the next day – and sure enough, there was a bank where the Mothercare store had been 24 hours ago.

Only then did Imogen realise she had experienced something which I have studied and catalogued for many years – a timeslip. That explained why the credit card had been rejected by the staff and why the prices were so low – they seemed to have dated back to the early 1980s.

Bold Street seems to have the highest incidences of time-slippages in the city, and I have been mapping the areas of that street with magnetometers and various other electronic sensors with a view to perhaps inducing one of these timeslips. If I vanish into thin air you’ll know I’ve succeeded. Timeslips into the future are not as common as the ones that allow travel into the past, but one of the most intriguing ones allegedly took place one Wednesday night in the Queensway Tunnel around 1957, when a 44-year-old businessman named Geoff Kingsley was driving to Birkenhead around 11.45pm.

The tunnel was almost deserted at that time in those days, and Mr Kingsley was alarmed when he saw something approaching from behind at high speed in the wing mirror of his Morris Minor. It looked like some sleak ultra-modernistic vehicle – triangular with rounded edges – and golden. This futuristic vehicle bulleted past Kingsley’s car at such a phenomenal velocity, the Morris Minor shuddered and was pulled sideways by the sudden air displacement. The suicidal driver of the weird car curved the mercurial vehicle into the wall of the tunnel, leaving skid-marks in his wake.

This car was either ghostly, or the section of the tunnel wall it seemed to vanish into was some sort of high-speed door, but a door to where? Mr Kingsley is but one of about a dozen people who have seen that golden revolutionary car – which will probably come into production in our lifetime.

https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Liverpool-Time-Slips-The-True-Story-Of-Mysterious-Occurences-In-Bold-Street Quoting:

A thief goes back to 1967
The third tale is of a young man named Sean, who, while shop lifting in Liverpool back in 2006, ran away from a security guard and headed down Hanover Street. Trying to shake off the guard, Sean, 19, turned into a dead-end street called Brookes Alley.

By this time he was out of breath and started to get a tight sensation in his chest. He soon realised that actually it wasn't a problem with him, but the atmosphere around him. He waited for the guard to come around the corner after him, but he never appeared. So, thinking he had given him the slip, he sauntered back out and started to walk down Hanover Street again. But he soon realised that something was wrong. The road looked different, and so did the pavement. He noticed cars driving by that looked very old fashioned, and the road works that he knew were there, were now gone.

Soon he saw that the people around him were wearing strange clothes. Crossing over to Bold Street, he noticed that there were traffic lights where they weren't before, and bushes growing around the Lyceum, near a bar that he recognized. He carried on walking. Soon he began to feel that something was not quite right. Then he began to panic. He realized that somehow he had stepped back in time. And the time slip was not going away.

Then he remember his cell phone. Taking it out of his pocket, he tried to get a signal, but of course it didn't work. Eventually he began to really panic, but soon spotted a kiosk selling newspapers and headed over. Leaning over the stand, he took a look at the front page of the Daily Post. There in bold lettering was the date: 18th May 1967.

He wondered what to do. What happens if he can't get back to his own time? What about family and friends? So, speeding up his pace, he reached H.Samuel the jewelers, and tried his phone once again. This time it worked. Sighing with relief he looked around and realised that he had returned to the present. But the strange thing was, he could still see, down the end of the road, people walking around in 1967. By this time Sean had seen enough, and dived onto a bus to go home. When he was interviewed by the local newspaper later, he stated over four times the exact account.

Now, you may think that Sean was making the story up to escape from the guard. But the strange tale didn't end there. When the security guard was interviewed, he stated that when he ran after Sean and turned down the dead end alley after him, Sean had completely disappeared! When the newspaper checked out the facts of Sean's story, they found that everything he said was historically accurate.

https://www.paranormalscholar.com/liverpools-time-slips-and-mysterious-events-on-bold-street/  Quoting:

Explanations for time slips occurring on Bold Street
Several people have offered theories as to why Bold Street has produced so many similar accounts. A local journalist has stated that there is “a ‘crack’ in time in the vicinity”. Others have pointed to the city’s underground railway system, claiming that the high voltage rails form a circle close to Bold Street, and that this might have something to do with the creation of a portal through time.

Rather eerily, people who worked and resided in Bold Street in the 1960s – the decade which many claim to have slipped back to – seem to have agreed that something was not quite right on their road. When Chris Gibson, the founder of the community and construction project Future Liverpool, went down into the cellar of one of Bold Street’s shops with a colleague in 2010, they were disturbed to find several unsettling messages written on the walls. One, which dated to February 1966, read, “God have mercy on all who enter here.” Another, dated three years later, confirmed the first’s warning, stating “It’s no joke.” Gibson also reported hearing bizarre “noises coming from within the room”, including “a low buzzing sound mixed with a sort of clattering”.

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post OsricPearl Tue 5 Nov - 5:17

I am skeptical of such time warp stories, but when they are corroborated it can be truly frightening. Imagine being stuck in the past and not having a means to get back to your time! Imagine dying in the past!

:shudder:

Time Slips VMPmie1
OsricPearl
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 458

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 11 Nov - 21:56

I had a strange experience one day when I went into a little shoe repair shop in town. It went something like this:

SHOPKEEPER: "Are you back?"
ME: "Eh?"
SHOPKEEPER: "Is there something else?"
ME: "I've just come in."
SHOPKEEPER: ". . . Someone who's the spitting image of you has just been in! He went out a few seconds ago and walked up there." [pointing outside]

It crossed my mind to go out and catch up with this previous customer but I just carried on with what I went into the shop for. Two or three times around town I had had strangers talk to me as if they knew me but I'd never seen them before. Obviously, the best explanation is that I have or had a physical double in town, but it demonstrates that when you're in a very strange situation you don't think "This might be paranormal, I'd better get some evidence", you just try to carry on as normal through the confusion.

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Fri 15 Nov - 1:29

We used to have a nice light comedy series called Goodnight Sweetheart where a man goes back in time to the war and has an affair with a woman who's husband is away fighting. At 09:35 in the video is where he first goes back and doesn't realise what's happened:

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sun 17 Nov - 1:23

The pilot of Good Night Sweetheart is very charming as well as original. I had never heard of it before. It is something that I would watch.
The accents are a bit difficult for me to understand, I had to back up the video a few times to get the joke.
I am thinking that Gary is going to really start enjoying living a second life in the past.  After all, he can take credit for unknown things from the future and people will more than likey believe him.
So funny, saying he wrote Your Song and how he had everyone singing along!

Time Slips Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Thu 21 Nov - 22:10

I'm sceptical about this one because it sounds like 1950s science fiction. Still, it's interesting . . .

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/15643275.haunted-wirral-a-weird-wirral-timeslip/  Quoting:

Haunted Wirral: A Weird Wirral Timeslip

In Liverpool, I have catalogued a concentration of timeslips in the Bold Street area, and in Wirral, Grange Road – Grange Road West in particular – seems to have a high incidence of timewarps and I am not sure if the geology of the area is the culprit, for in Bold Street there are large subterranean deposits of quartz and also a stream that runs parallel to the street.

In 2005, a woman visited me at Radio Merseyside to tell me how her late husband, Jim, had been haunted by a very strange incident which had taken place at Charing Cross, Birkenhead in the 1950s when he was a policeman.

There had already been a terrible accident involving a police motorcyclist which had left Jim traumatised, and now, on this particular night, a dense fog had invaded Wirral and yet some idiotic motorists were still speeding towards the busy roundabout at Charing Cross where five roads converge. A lorry had ‘conked out’ with the cold and Jim directed traffic in the thick fog around it, and visibility was that bad, he could hardly see anything beyond 12 feet. A man on a bicycle ran into him at one point, and it was now the rush hour with dusk gathering.

All of a sudden, everything went as silent as the grave, and Jim could hardly see his gloved hand in front of his face because of the fog. He could see no headlamps nor hear any engines – and then the policeman heard a low rumbling which shook the road and made Jim’s teeth chatter. Whatever the thing was, it was coming his way – and then he saw its ghostly outline as it came from the direction of Grange Road West.

It resembled a military tank, but it was like no tank he had ever seen before. It was enormous – as big as a house - and beams of red light shone from a dome on top of the weird vehicle and dazzled the shocked policeman. He bolted to the left just in time or he would have been crushed to pulp under the gargantuan caterpillar tracks of the unknown armoured vehicle, and then he saw something even more terrifying and inexplicable – a towering robotic figure about 20 feet in height was marching towards him. It was a grey silhouette, but as it approached it slowed down and stooped and a massive metallic hand made a grabbing motion towards Jim. He ran off, and saw other similar giant robotic figures in the distance. Jim then heard an explosion of traffic sound, and, as the fog thinned, he found himself near the familiar Martins Bank building. There was no sign of any gigantic tank or that mechanical goliath. Jim told no one about his frightening experience, and only told his wife about the incident many years later. I believe Jim entered some timeslip at Charing Cross and glimpsed a future war of some sort, hopefully a very long way off.

By Tom Slemen, 7th Nov. 2017

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sun 29 Dec - 4:21

http://www.slemen.com/christmastimeslip.html  Quoting:

A Christmas Timeslip

I’ve written about timeslips before in my books and on this site, and many of these local slippages of time - in which people inadvertently find themselves stepping into the past or future – have occurred on Bold Street. Here’s an account of a journey back to a Victorian Christmas that took place in 1965.

Time Slips Christmastimeslip

In August of that year, a trainee doctor named Roger, his girlfriend Val, and two veterinary student friends, Harry and Craig, were travelling along Berry Street in Roger’s Mini, when the vehicle began to shake, as if it was passing over cobblestones. The road, however, looked normal so Roger thought there was something wrong with the Mini’s suspension. He turned left into Bold Street and he and his passengers were stunned to see it was snowing – in the middle of summer. Then Val noticed that all of the shops and the people looked out of date. Green garlands gemmed with red flowers hung in bow windows with bull’s eye panes, men in top hats and black hammer coat tails strutted along with walking canes, and the women all wore long dark coats and ankle-length dresses. At one point, the time-displaced Mini was heading straight for a horse-drawn hansom cab, which just veered out the way in time, and the driver hit the vehicle with his whip as the hansom trundled past.

Backseat passenger Harry thought Bold Street had been ‘done up’ for some Victorian film that was being shot – he simply couldn’t take in and rationalise what was taking place. Roger pulled over at the junction of Bold Street and Hanover Street, wound down his window, and attempted to ask one of the ‘extras’ what was being filmed, but events took a sinister turn.

Val saw a bedraggled barefooted boy of about 9 or 10 years of age standing in the snow at the kerbside, gazing at the car in awe. The boy suddenly turned to his right, and the sound of galloping could be heard. In the rear view mirror, Roger could see two mounted policemen tearing down Bold Street on their steeds. He stalled the car, then managed to start it and sped down Hanover Street with the antiquated but terrifying Victorian policemen in pursuit. The street was crowded with carts, pedestrians, men pushing barrows, and the road surface was slippery and cobbled, unlike Bold Street, which had been thick with snow. Val screamed for Roger to get away, and all of a sudden, the surroundings outside returned to normal, sunshine replaced snow, and Val was relieved to spot a modern-day Cousins cake shop.

Time Slips Englan11

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content