Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Thu 18 Apr - 21:29

» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Sat 13 Apr - 2:32

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Apparitions & Hauntings

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apparitions & Hauntings - Page 2 Empty Re: Apparitions & Hauntings

Post Neon Knight Sun 28 May - 21:03

Tom Slemen on Twitter, May 26th, 2023:

On this day, 1993, a 17-year-old girl named Emma was in her bedroom at her home on Haselbeech Crescent, Norris Green, sitting at her dresser listening to the KLF when she saw a little plastic cowboy figure moving along the top of a vanity case. Emma had been finding these little toys around her bedroom, and at first she thought they were her younger brother's, but being 14 he no longer played with those type of toys.

She turned and saw a boy sitting on her bed; his clothes were old fashioned, but Emma could not say what period they belonged to. She was a little scared of the boy, who looked about 7 years old, but she was also fascinated. 'Are you a ghost?' she asked. The boy just sat there, and Emma saw he was holding a little toy soldier figure. 'I'm from summer,' the lad said - and did not sound Scouse - it was more of a Lancashire accent. 'Summer?' Emma asked, and the door flew open and blazing sunlight came through the doorway. The boy gestured for Emma to take his hand but she drew back to the corner and the boy seemed sad. He ran into the blinding light coming through that doorway and vanished.

Emma's dad came up the stairs and asked what had caused the flash of light he had seen, and Emma told him about the little boy. 'I've never seen any ghosts in all the years I've lived here,' her dad said but seemed nervous (he was a very superstitious man). There were further visits from the boy, and I'll write them up soon; it's a very bizarre story.

Apparitions & Hauntings - Page 2 Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2363

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Fri 15 Sep - 1:24

This looks like another example of the 'psychic recording of history' type of apparition :-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12472381/Did-digging-garden-lawn-unleash-ghostly-forces-hell-sleepy-English-village.html  Selected quotes:

Did digging up a garden lawn unleash the ghostly forces of hell on a 'sleepy' English village?

That’s when Maureen hears it. Jingling harnesses. She looks out of the window again, but sees only her reflection. There’s nothing there — yet she can hear them coming closer. A moment later it’s like a minor earthquake, the very fabric of the house torn apart by a stampede of thunderous hooves, as a pack of horses bursts through the window and careers towards her. There must be a hundred of them, an explosion of sound that envelops Maureen and Christopher, the ragged snorts and whinnies of animals galloping for dear life directly into the house, cutting a swathe of noisy, steamy, terrifying chaos. Then they are gone. Just like that. The television is still wittering in the background. Maureen looks at Christopher, his usual composure replaced by slack-jawed horror ...

One day, in her teens, Vee came home to find the front door wide open and her mother nowhere to be seen. It was only at that 100th birthday party that Vee found out why. Maureen told her how, that day, she’d had a dreadful feeling: the certain and total conviction that someone was standing behind her. She turned to see a tall man, in a long black cloak and hood. All she could do was look on helplessly, mesmerised by this figure with its hands over its head, wielding an axe. She thought of Christopher and the girls, how they would cope without her, though she also wondered uncharitably if Christopher would even notice she was gone. She closed her eyes, willing the man not to bring the axe down on her head. Then Maureen opened her eyes and sunshine was flooding in. Life was back to normal, but she simply couldn’t be in that kitchen any longer. Through the mist of her panic she ran to the home of their neighbours, the Turners ...

Jenny crossed the garden in the dim evening light, being careful to avoid the deep hole left abandoned until Gordon and his team returned tomorrow. She opened the door to the hutch to put in food for her rabbit, Bugs Bunny. As she reached into the cage, she heard voices wafting on the air. Walking towards her, across the garden, were two soldiers. They were in clothes that, to Jenny’s eye, looked as if they were from the English Civil War. They passed so close to her that she could see the patterns of the buttons on their uniforms and hear their conversation. They were using swear words she shouldn’t really have known at her age, but did; she made out the words ‘bastard king’. They seemed utterly oblivious to her standing by the rabbit hutch, staring at them. She could feel the blood pumping quicker in her veins, but she thought it was the surprise of this vision more than fear. There was something wonderfully, weirdly fascinating about it. The next day she told Gordon, who asked her to sketch the men. She remembered the buttons and did her best to outline what the pattern looked like. ‘I recognise those buttons,’ he said. Their design matched the ones worn by the Parliamentarian army regiment, stationed in the area during the Civil War. Jenny caught the words: ‘We may have disturbed something here.’

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 16 Oct - 22:32

The first of a new paranormal invesitgation BBC TV series, Uncanny, looked at this case introduced in the video. Towards the end it turned out that a woman with the surname Howard had lived in the house in the past and two children who had lived there previously had seen the same ghost and also called her Miss Howard.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sat 28 Oct - 9:17

The second episode is about a man who believed the house he lived in as a teenager was haunted by a poltergeist which then became visible as the ghost of a young boy. His mother, sister and her son also later said they had similar experiences in the house.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 14 Nov - 22:26

I came across the term Tulpa in a novel I recently read.  I had no idea what this was, it seems it is an imaginary friend come to life.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Theosophical term. For the Tibetan term Sprul pa (སྤྲུལ་པ་), see Nirmāṇakāya. For the film, see Tulpa (film).
Tulpa is a concept originally from Tibetan Buddhism and found in later traditions of mysticism and the paranormal of a materialized being or thought-form, typically in human form that is created through spiritual practice and intense concentration. Modern practitioners, who call themselves "tulpamancers", use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively independent. Modern practitioners predominantly consider tulpas to be a psychological rather than a paranormal concept. The idea became an important belief in Theosophy.

Apparitions & Hauntings - Page 2 Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:49

It's a fascinating subject and I remember reading about it when I was interested in the occult in my teens.

A bit more about tulpas:
https://monstersandmagic.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/tulpas-thought-forms-and-monsters-oh-my/

"One of the best known stories in this regard also comes from Tibet. One of the early theosophists, Alexandra David Neel, journeyed to Tibet and, during her stay there, worked on the creation of a tulpa (thought form) in the image of a short, fat, jolly monk. After several months of meditation and practice, this tulpa manifested and was seen by David Neel and others. David Neel also reported physical contact from this thought form on a number of occasions. Eventually, though, the monk began to take on a darker aspect and David Neel was forced to learn how to take the thought form apart and re-absorb it. I suspect that this had to do with David Neel’s not having a clear desire for the thought form when she created it; the being was an experiment and so did not seem to have a distinct purpose other than to assuage her curiosity."

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:30

Tulpas are a very fascinating subject, they are a kind of bridge between the psychological and the paranormal.
I have always been skeptical about ghosts, entities and that sort of thing but I still feel as though it could very well be real and I want to understand it first hand.
I have tried through out my life to find a something convincing, but have never yet experienced anything so profound as to make me a believer.
Anyway  . . .
I am trying to manifest my own tupla, I will give it a year.
I imagine that if is going to work it, I will start to see signs or something before too long Smile 1

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:40

That's an interesting and maybe scary experiment!

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 23 Jan - 23:54

Maybe it is a little bit scary but this idea has been evolving naturally for years, just never knew what it was called. An imaginary friend?
I like to think of him as an angel or a patron saint, a protector.
There is a lot of information on the internet about tulmancy. I like to look around this site but have not signed up.
https://community.tulpa.info/topic/9172-tulpas-and-the-demon-connection/

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

I only just got around to watching the third episode of Uncanny. It's the most convincing and the scariest. Three students in Oxford in the 1990s shared a house which seems to have been very haunted. Music players would sound when not plugged in, a tin moved across the kitchen table, mist would form from nowhere, there were voices and laughter and the male student sat up one night in a trance speaking in an unknown language. They eventually had the house exorcised but the priest missed out the bathroom and that place still felt haunted.

A couple who had lived in the house years later said that their young son would wake up in the night, terrified of something in the direction of the bathroom.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content