Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Yesterday at 2:14

» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Thu 18 Apr - 21:29

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Empty Re: Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Post Neon Knight Sat 6 Jun - 2:03

Sary wrote:I like your diagram, it has always been easier for me to understand something by visualization. The idea of shared dreams is a difficult one to grasp.
I think the diagram needs a God at the centre of things to be the creator or producer of the minds/souls and of the 'dream worlds' (universes) that the souls experience as realities:

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Reinca11

Otherwise, we'd have to say that all the different universes appear at random, which seems unlikely since they are part of one system.

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2365

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Empty Re: Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Post Sary Tue 9 Jun - 0:27

I like the diagram with God included, but it does not show a personal connection to God.
Maybe that is the part where religion fits in?
Scientists seem to be getting closer to understanding how quantum mechanics works in relation to time and death.
I guess the bigger question is why.
I have been reading a little bit about the theory of Biocentrism.

https://aeon.co/ideas/there-is-no-death-only-a-series-of-eternal-nows

In short, death does not actually exist. Instead, at death, we reach the imagined border of ourselves, the wooded boundary where, in the old fairy tale, the fox and the hare say goodnight to each other. And if death and time are illusions, so too is the continuity in the connection of nows. Where, then, do we find ourselves? On rungs that can be shuffled and reshuffled anywhere, ‘like those’, as Ralph Waldo Emerson put it in 1842, ‘that Hermes won with dice, of the Moon, that Osiris might be born.’

Einstein knew this. In 1955, when his lifelong friend Michele Besso died, he wrote: ‘Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.’

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1078

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 22 Jun - 0:42

I could have put connections from each soul to God, but if a person was connected to God all the time wouldn't he or she be constantly having a mystical experience? Maybe religious practices produce some kind of temporary link, but not a full one. Anyway, this shows the basic relationship between the three elements. Like that article says, our lives are really just the experiencing of information (in various forms), so I've used the term 'Information Universe':

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 God_so10

I think the article is saying that life is like a record (the information) that can be played (experienced) in sequence or accessed and played from any point. I agree with the first bit, but as far as we can tell time only goes in one direction in our lives. I've been thinking that time is real but that it is space which is the illusion . . . Close your eyes and imagine you're riding on a train. You look out of the window and see the fields, trees and buildings going past. Then you look at your wristwatch and watch the second hand tick for ten seconds. You look out of the window again and see a lake in the distance . . . In that little exercise the time was real but the space and all the objects were completely imaginary, constructed from information in your memory.

So we could say that God creates a 'story' like a computer adventure game for us to experience and learn from (or maybe just to experience). And when that story finishes we start another one, maybe similar, maybe very different, but meeting some of the same souls we knew before 'playing' different characters.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Wed 1 Jul - 1:10

I kind of understand the theory of relativity . . . the way that humans perceive reality, through space time. Time is one demential because it is always going forward. Space, our environment is three-dementional.
When we are on a train and look away for a moment, we are able to orient ourselves because of spatial and temporal cues.

The feeling that you are moving, when your train is stopped at the station and other trains are passing by is strange.
Or, if your train is traveling at the same speed as the train running parallel it feels as if you are not moving at all!

It is all relative.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sat 4 Jul - 21:29

It looks like Shakespeare thought along the lines of the 'dream theory' of life:

“To die, to sleep -
To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub,
For in this sleep of death what dreams may come...”
― William Shakespeare, Hamlet

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 18 Nov - 22:25

I think watching Doctor Who when I was growing up helped make me open minded about reincarnation. When the Doctor regenerates he has a different body and a different personality but it is the same mind.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 28 Nov - 12:24

I am unfamiliar with Dr. Who, we had 3 television channels when I was growing up, and very limited choices. If the series ever did air on T.V, no doubt it would have been very popular with American audiences.

The idea that a soul regenerates into a different body and a different personality but the same mind makes me wonder... what about the fact that there are so many people living in this day and age.
So, there must be many more new inexperienced souls, as opposed to higher more evolved spirits, being reincarnated. Maybe this is part of the problem in the modern world.
An imbalance of  “children” to adults  LOL 1

Anyway, here is a diagram I found based on the ideas and teachings of the Irish poet W.B Yeats, he had a fascination with all things related to the afterlife and wrote extensively on the subject.
The diagram depicts the cycle of life and death, as a never ending circle. His thoughts about what happens after death but before life are easier for me to visualize, then to try and comprehend his writing.

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 050dd010

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sun 14 Feb - 0:41

Sary wrote:The idea that a soul regenerates into a different body and a different personality but the same mind makes me wonder... what about the fact that there are so many people living in this day and age.
So, there must be many more new inexperienced souls, as opposed to higher more evolved spirits, being reincarnated. Maybe this is part of the problem in the modern world.
An imbalance of  “children” to adults  LOL 1
Maybe that's the case  Neutral  Remember, Jim Tucker theorised that most souls don't come back to this world but go on to a new 'dream'. I think that if there is reincarnation, we don't live numerous lives to learn things and eventually become super-wise but just to have a variety of experiences and emotional ups and downs for the sake of it - a constant series of adventure playgrounds for the soul.

Some summaries of and comments on Tucker's book Return to Life: https://uvamagazine.org/articles/the_science_of_reincarnation -
Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 By_the_numbers

“I understand the leap it takes to conclude there is something beyond what we can see and touch,” says Tucker, who served as medical director of the University’s Child and Family Psychiatry Clinic for nearly a decade. “But there is this evidence here that needs to be accounted for, and when we look at these cases carefully, some sort of carry-over of memories often makes the most sense.” . . .
Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 3 Tuckers_Theory

While his work might be expected to garner fierce debate within the scientific community, Tucker’s research, based in part on the cases accumulated all over the world by his predecessor, Ian Stevenson, who died in 2007, has caused little stir. Michael Levin, director of the Center for Regenerative and Developmental Biology at Tufts University—who wrote in an academic review of Tucker’s first book that it presented a “first-rate piece of research”—said that’s because current scientific research models have no way to prove or debunk Tucker’s findings. “When you fish with a net with a certain size of holes, you will never catch any fish smaller than those holes,” Levin says. “What you find is limited by how you are searching for it. Our current methods and concepts have no way of dealing with these data.”

Tucker says his hypothesis is based on more than just wishful thinking. “It’s much more than a hope,” he says. “Having direct positive evidence for a theory can have value, even if negative evidence against it is not possible.”

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum