Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Yesterday at 0:26

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 2:55

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 22:43

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

» Rainbows in European Mythology
by Sary Sat 19 Nov - 19:45

Why the paranormal is probably real

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why the paranormal is probably real Empty Why the paranormal is probably real

Post Neon Knight Sat 23 Feb - 16:38

This is my own argument:

1. The human brain evolved to make us better able to survive in the physical world.
2. The brain is not designed to enable us to understand the reasons for everything in the universe.
3. It is highly likely that humans will somtimes experience things they cannot explain due to this limited intelligence.
4. Some of these inexplicable things we label paranormal phenomena or scientific puzzles we incorrectly assume will be solved in future.

The hard sceptical attitude, that anything that cannot be tested in a laboratory is probably some sort of illusion, seems arrogant and illogical to me. Of course, we should always look for common explanations for things, but when lots of ordinary people with no motivation to lie report seeing ghosts, etc. then the chances are that a few of them at least have witnessed some of those things that are beyond human understanding.

Why the paranormal is probably real Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2357

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why the paranormal is probably real Empty Re: Why the paranormal is probably real

Post Sary Sun 24 Feb - 22:50

Interesting what you say about the human brain evolving to survive in the physical world.
I think that is part of the problem. Our brain has not fully adapted to the modern world. We live in an environment with a continuous bombardment of stimulus. 24 hours a day of sound light, information, technology.

The reptilian part of our brain, the subconscious part that is meant to keeps us safe from danger is always on duty.
When we repress natural instincts, they can manifest into mental illness ,anxiety, OCD ,depression, hallucination, schizophrenia.
The frontal cortex communicates with our hind brain , they are connected .

I am not saying that it is not possible , only that I have never experienced anything really paranormal.

I have had premonitions, synchronicity, out of body experiences. I have never seen a ghost or a UFO. I look for them all of the time.

I absolutely believe that there is more than what our human intelligence can comprehend.
We are so small in the big picture.

Have you ever experienced anything paranormal Neon?

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

Why the paranormal is probably real Empty Re: Why the paranormal is probably real

Post OsricPearl Mon 25 Feb - 4:29

I think that the "paranormal" is possibly real because of the great amount of reality that we simply can't "see" or experience due to the lack of sensory input. Once in a while, we may sense something behind the "veil" and glimpse a part of reality that we generally can't sense. This is "paranormal." We make a mistake in thinking that the two things are mutually exclusive.
OsricPearl
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 458

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 26 Feb - 21:48

Sary wrote:Have you ever experienced anything paranormal Neon?
My mum says that when I was little I once behaved as if I was seeing a ghost, staring into space and saying: "Who's that man?... He's gone now." But I don't remember it. I've not experienced anything dramatic but this is an interesting incident I've got written down on my computer so I'll just post it:

One summer night, five of us left a pub after a few drinks (we weren't 'drunk'), went back to Paul & Alison's flat and ordered some food . . . Alison, being a goth, lit two candles and turned out the lights. While we were eating I suggested, for a psychic experiment, that we concentrate on one of the candles and will it to go out. Nothing happened for a few seconds then I noticed the candle we were focussing on seemed to go a little bit brighter; just after that, the flame of the other candle went out! It didn't flicker, like it would in a draft, it just quickly grew small then extinguished. It was re-lit and carried on burning normally.

Another one, not exactly paranormal but very puzzling:

One year, I received a Christmas card from a couple I did not know. My name and address were hand-written on the envelope which bore a Lampeter (Wales) postmark. I do not remember the names of the man and woman who signed the card but remember thinking at the time that I had no friends or recent acquaintances with those names and I knew no-one who lived in Lampeter.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Thu 28 Feb - 0:55

You are a very good story teller.  You know, you could post more of your spooky stories  Smile 1

Although I don't believe in ghosts, I do enjoy hearing tales of the paranormal.

Jeff Belanger is a popular ghost hunter here in New England.
http://www.jeffbelanger.com
He just recently did a presentation at my towns library.

Jeff is a ghost hunter who freely admits that he is a nonbeliever.

It does not stop him from investigating making a living off of it.
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post OsricPearl Thu 28 Feb - 3:55

I've got some stories to tell about this place I'm living in now. Mostly just little things, but I've never experienced these sort of things. This includes:

- Hearing a little girl cry mama. Sometimes, I hear it before I go to bed, which could be hand-waved as an auditory hallucination but i also hear it when I'm not going to bed. It's always from the same direction.
- Feeling a presence enter the room. I thought it was my daughter. My husband felt it too. We both woke up in the middle of the night, at the same time. There was no sound. The double doors of the room were open and we felt our daughter there. We both call her anme, and feel her come into the room but there is nothing there...and the presence fades away.
- I once saw a shadow the shape of my daughter stand at my bed. Again, it felt alive, like my daughter was there standing. I call out to her, thinking its an outline of her against the wall but she fades away.
- We had to move the wall because I kept on hearing the crying and sobbing of a child from the other side of the wall.

It's not a constant thing. It's once every couple of months. Before this, I only had two other instances of "experiences," but nothing like this. The last time anything happened was last week, when I heard a child call "mama." I decided that either it was a deamon or in my head, and either way, It wasn't going to kill me so I just fell asleep. LOL 2
OsricPearl
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Wed 6 Mar - 0:36

^ If I ever started having visions and hearing voices of crying/sobbing children in my house, I would pack my bags so fast and would never would return!

My home is my sanctuary.

You moved a wall because you heard sobbing behind it?

Yikes!
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post OsricPearl Wed 6 Mar - 3:00

Sary wrote:^ If I ever started having visions and hearing voices of crying/sobbing children in my house, I would pack my bags so fast and would never would return!

My home is my sanctuary.

Yikes!

No, I moved the bed from one wall to the next because I was hearing the sobbing children on the other side. It was soft, though, so I doubted my senses at first.

I can't just pack my bags, so I had to learn to cope with it. I figured it was a bored evil entity messing with me - or just my own mind. Rolling Eyes
OsricPearl
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 6 Mar - 17:09

Sary wrote:^ If I ever started having visions and hearing voices of crying/sobbing children in my house, I would pack my bags so fast and would never would return!

My home is my sanctuary.

Yikes!
Why the paranormal is probably real Shaggy10

Sleep paralysis type states when waking up can create realistic experiences of ghostly prescences, but it looks like there's more than that to Osric Pearl's story.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 9 Mar - 15:42

It is one thing to hear voices when on the cusp of sleep but to experience auditory hallucinations while awake, well that could be a sign of somethings much more serious.
Do your children hear the crying too, OP?
They say that children are much more open to these paranormal experiences.

Thinking back, I remember having a spooky  thing happen to me.  I put it out of my mind because it scared me so much.

It happened almost 25 years ago.  My maternal grandmother had just died after suffering  medical torture for a couple of years.  Her death came as a blessing.
Her children were getting her things in order , clearing things out in order to sell the property.
I was given permission to go into grandmas house and take anything that I wanted.

I felt so sad, as I was very close to grandma Mary.
 I went into her home alone and I sat down on the floor, in the middle of her living room.  I was looking around at all of her things.  She was very religious woman and had many statues and pictures of Jesus and the blessed mother.  Her possessions were placed in different piles around the room.
I started looking at some old photographs and then I broke down and stated sobbing.  
I began praying, telling God how much  I loved grandma and  asking for some kind of sign that was ok .
Just then, a shoe box filled with photos, perched on top of one of those piles toppled over!
I don't know if it was just a coincidence or if it really was a sign from the great beyond.
I did not stick around to find out ... I ran out of the house as fast as I could  and never went back!

Thinking back now , I kinda wish that I had stayed.
Maybe I would have had a more intense spiritual experience, but  in reality I am a big chicken when it comes to the unknown. It is like I want to know  but I really don't .

Lol , like  Scooby Doo says Ruh Roh...ghost!
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top