Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Political Dimensions Test
by Neon Knight Yesterday at 21:29

» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Sat 13 Apr - 2:32

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Sat 13 Apr - 0:19

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Sary Mon 8 Apr - 19:17

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Empty Re: Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Post Neon Knight Wed 9 Oct - 21:50

I'm currently halfway through Dr. Tucker's second book, Return To Life. The most interesting case so far is one where a boy callled Ryan seems to remember being a minor actor then agent called Marty Martyn who had met Marylin Monroe:

https://www.littlethings.com/ryan-reincarnation-hammons-today-marty-martyn
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/boy-says-he-remembers-past-life-hollywood-agent-n327506

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0554421/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_trv_sm#trivia

What those reports don't say is that Ryan also demonstrated a psychic ability to predict events in the near future, and Tucker wonders if the details he knew about Marty Martyn were gained through ESP rather than through remembering a past life.

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2363

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Empty Re: Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities

Post Sary Wed 9 Oct - 23:27

The details that Ryan are recalling are quite remarkable.
I wonder why, if reincarnation is possible that not everyone is able to remember.

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Fp_fla13
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Fri 11 Oct - 23:04

One of the details that impressed me the most was Ryan saying that he knew a man he didn't like called Senator Five, and they later saw a photo of Marty Martyn with some other men including a Senator Ives from New York.

I reckon there are four possible explanations for these cases where the child's memories match historical facts:

1) Elaborate fraud
2) Multiple coincidences
3) Extra-sensory perception of 'memory bundles'
4) Reincarnation

I think you'd have to be very cynical to accept 1 and very sceptical to accept 2.

Sary wrote:I wonder why, if reincarnation is possible that not everyone is able to remember.
I'll wait until I've finished the book in a few days before I try to answer that Smile 1

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sun 13 Oct - 23:56

Maybe it is some kind of soul possession?

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Mon 14 Oct - 22:57

Sary wrote:Maybe it is some kind of soul possession?
I found a sample of the book I'm reading on-line. On pages 25-30 Tucker does write about possession as a possible explanation for a rare type of case: Return to Life

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Tue 15 Oct - 0:13

Thank you for that, NK.
I want to read more about reincarnation.

The idea that a bad person/soul can come back and try again, gain redemption through an endless cycle, is a much better alternative to everlasting hell.
And then to think that maybe, just maybe that little baby is really somebody that you may have known not so long ago..
It is a comforting thought.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sat 19 Oct - 23:12

I ended up buying the book and just finished reading it today.
I was a good read, very well documented. The end was a little over my head, when he started talking about quantum mechanics and the part about existence growing out of consciousness.
The book did answer my question about why not everyone remembers past lives and it gave me some insight on not only life after death but also on psychic phenomena.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Sat 19 Oct - 23:37

Sary wrote:I ended up buying the book and just finished reading it today.  
I was a good read, very well documented.  The end was a little over my head, when he started talking about quantum mechanics and the part about existence growing out of consciousness.
The book did answer my question about why not everyone remembers past lives and it gave me some insight on not only life after death but also on psychic phenomena.
You're a quick reader! I'm up to the last chapter now. The chapter about quantum physics is difficult and most of it can probably be skipped. His point seems to be that physics allows for the possibility that our conscious minds (or souls) are the real things behind everything and that physical reality is a kind of 'hard illusion'.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Mon 21 Oct - 1:29

I wish that I was smart enough to grasp the basic physic/quantum mechanic aspect , of life after death. The subjects that Tucker touched upon, realism, entanglement, existence is truly mind boggling.
It seems that we need another Einstein, in order to get to the next step of understanding.
It is a shame that more money for research is not being allotted for this sort of thing.
It is a soft science.

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 23 Oct - 21:26

I've finished the book now. I think Jim Tucker is saying that some interpretations of quantum physics experiments fit the idea that consciousness produces the material world and not the other way around. But even if QP turns out to have nothing to do with conscious observation, we are still left with (in my opinion) pretty good evidence that some part of humans is non-physical and survives death.

The final chapter I found really interesting and I think Tucker makes a good attempt to tie everything together. A possible alternative to his theory that minds created the universe is that both matter and consciousness are two sides of the same coin and came into being simultaneously. Actually, I think it's impossible for there to be absolute nothingness and that something has always existed; zero is an abstract mathematical concept.

I did this diagram to illustrate his idea about souls having 'shared dreams' in different worlds which are essentially hard illusions that we experience as physical reality:

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Reinca10

But maybe there is just one universe where souls, not being restricted by time, can reincarnate into the past as well as the future, skipping back and forth. When a soul has experienced all possible lives then the cycle begins again and this goes on forever.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sun 10 Nov - 20:21

I like your diagram, it has always been easier for me to understand something by visualization. The idea of shared dreams is a difficult one to grasp.

I started to read more about the philosophy of idealism.  It is a subject that I knew nothing about before, but come to find out, has been around for hundreds of years! This is a good link for study, that I came across.

https://peped.org/philosophicalinvestigations/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2012/09/Handout-Body-Soul-in-Modern-Thought.pdf

This study explores some theories of body and soul (or mind) that have emerged in what we term ‘modern thought’, that is to say, in philosophy and related disciplines since the contribution of Rene Descartes (1596-1650).
Through this period THREE main types of theory of body and soul have been in evidence:
1. The view that humans are physical organisms and so biological entities. Thus all aspects of the human, including self-consciousness, memory and thought are functions of the body. These are termed MATERIALIST theories of body and mind (or soul).
2. The view that humans are essentially MINDS (or MIND) and that the physical reality, including the physical reality of the body, is an illusion. These are called IDEALIST theories of body and mind (or soul).
3. The view that humans are compose of two distinct but related substances, mind or soul, and body. These theories are called DUALIST theories of body and soul or mind.
It is reasonably safe to assume that ALL THEORIES of Body and Soul/Mind will be either MATERIALSIT or IDEALIST or DUALIST – or they will be some variation of one of these!

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Tue 12 Nov - 23:47

I did a short course in philosophy of mind as a student and it is the most enjoyable subject I've studied. I'll read through that document Sary posted the link to.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Wed 13 Nov - 22:03

Suppose we have a man sat in a lab with his brain activity being monitored by a magnetic imaging machine and we could see the activity pattern on a screen outside. The light in the lab is switched off and the man is told to visualise a pineapple as strongly as he can. When he does this, the scanner records a certain pattern of activity in his brain. This is repeated for hundreds of subjects and the resulting brain activity patterns are recorded and averaged. So we now know what an imaginary pineapple looks like as a thought pattern.

In the next study, using the same set-up, we monitor a number of subjects in turn, each one being instructed to visualise either a thunderstorm, a shark or a pineapple. We know when a subject is obeying the instruction to imagine a pineapple because the magnetic activity looks similar to the average pattern in the first study. But the brain activity pattern is just something which correlates with the imaginary pineapple - the visual pineapple image itself seems to exist in a separate, non-physical dimension and is made of 'mind stuff'.

"Moreover, it must be confessed that perception and that which depends upon it are inexplicable on mechanical grounds, that is to say, by means of figures and motions. And supposing there were a machine, so constructed as to think, feel, and have perception, it might be conceived as increased in size, while keeping the same proportions, so that one might go into it as into a mill. That being so, we should, on examining its interior, find only parts which work one upon another, and never anything by which to explain a perception." - Gottfried Leibniz, 1714.

Someone with a true psychic ability to read minds would have access to the non-physical dimension and be able to see the imaginary pineapple. But it would be undetectable by any normal means.

The hard problem of consciousness is the problem of explaining how and why sentient organisms have qualia or phenomenal experiences—how and why it is that some internal states are felt states, such as heat or pain, rather than unfelt states, as in a thermostat or a toaster. The philosopher David Chalmers, who introduced the term "hard problem" of consciousness, contrasts this with the "easy problems" of explaining the ability to discriminate, integrate information, report mental states, focus attention, and so forth . . . The existence of a "hard problem" is controversial. (Wikipedia)

From the study that Sary quoted:

Descarte's main problem with this view is to explain how the two distinct substances [mind and body] interact.  

Any ideas?  Smile 1

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Thu 21 Nov - 22:24

That ^ was a trick question really, because no one as ever been able to satisfactorally explain how mind and matter can interact with each other. I did this diagram to illustrate the dualist concept of mind and body - though I think it might better be called tri-ism because there are three elements: physycal objects, non-physical objects (in the mind) and the non-physical mind itself:

Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Tri-is10

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary Sun 24 Nov - 22:59

And to add to the complication, non physical mind stuff is no doubt perceived and interpreted differently by the eye of each individual beholder.
When the mind stuff is generated by human imagination, who is to say what is real and what is not?
Reincarnation/Afterlife Possibilities - Page 2 Image35

Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum