» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

Reincarnation

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reincarnation

Post Neon Knight on Sun 1 Jul - 3:18

I recently finished reading this book:

The description as printed on the back cover:

This remarkable book builds on the ground-breaking investigations into reincarnation carried out by Professor Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia. For forty years, doctors at this major American medical centre have conducted research into young children's reports of past-life memories. In Life Before Life, psychiatrist Dr Jim B. Tucker reveals their fascinating research, including:

* British twins whose birthmarks and behaviour closely resembles their deceased older sisters
* A boy in Africa who knows the names and personal details of everyone in another village without ever having been there
* A child who dies of a gunshot in a previous life and carries a birthmark of the same size, shape and placement in this life
* An American boy who believes he is the reincarnation of his own grandfather

This remarkable material will challenge and ultimately change your understanding about life and death.

The researchers have many carefully recorded cases, and try to be as scientific as possible. The overall explanation boils down to a choice between reincarnation, some kind of ESP or that all the people interviewed were lying in sophisticated ways for no good reason (they were not paid for their time).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 981

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reincarnation

Post Neon Knight on Sun 1 Jul - 3:20

The University of Virginia web page for this subject:

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/research-area/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/ Quoting:

Some young children, usually between the ages of 2 and 5, speak about memories of a previous life they claim to have lived. At the same time they often show behaviors, such as phobias or preferences, that are unusual within the context of their particular family and cannot be explained by any current life events. These memories appear to be concordant with the child’s statements about a previous life.

In many cases of this type, the child’s statements have been shown to correspond accurately to facts in the life and death of a deceased person. Some of the children have birthmarks and birth defects that correspond to wounds or other marks on the deceased person whose life is being remembered by the child. In numerous cases postmortem reports have confirmed these correspondences. Older children may retain these apparent memories, but generally they seem to fade around the age of 7. The young subjects of these cases have been found all over the world including Europe and North America . . .

Statements made by a child who seems to be remembering a previous life can be quite varied. The following is not an exhaustive list by any means. It is designed to give an idea of the kinds of things a parent or caregiver might hear, and in our Western culture, tend to dismiss as fantasy. It is also true that a child might say one or more of these things and not be remembering a previous life. It is probably best not to pump a child for information, nor to try and prevent him or her from saying such things.

“You’re not my mommy/daddy.”
“I have another mommy/daddy.”
“When I was big, I …(used to have blue eyes/had a car, etc.).”
“That happened before I was in mommy’s tummy.”
“I have a wife/husband/children.”
“I used to…(drive a truck/live in another town, etc.)”
“I died … (in a car accident/after I fell, etc.)”
“Remember when I …(lived in that other house/was your daddy, etc.)”

Please contact us if your child appears to be having memories of a previous life:

We are very interested in hearing about cases of young children who are currently spontaneously speaking about memories of a previous life. If you are a parent or a caretaker of a young child, please contact us to submit your observations and experiences of your child’s behaviors and statements about memories of a previous life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Sun 1 Jul - 15:17

It is hilarious to me when people claim they were some famous/important person in a past life, I think it makes them feel superior to others.

When children say things about the past, that they should have no knowledge about, that does make me wonder.

When my son was around 5 years old , he had an imaginary older brother, that he would talk to. Some of the things that he would say would freak me out!
You see, I had lost a baby to miscarriage,before I had my son.
I probably should not have gone along with it, but I would pretend and talk to "Dennis" too ,because made me feel better.
I felt sad when Dennis went away....maybe he found a new family? Idk.
It is a very interesting subject.

I hope that reincarnation is not real, one life is enough. The thought of never ending rebirth sounds frustrating and exhausting!

Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Mon 2 Jul - 22:25

@Sary wrote:I hope that reincarnation is not real, one life is enough. The thought of never ending rebirth sounds  frustrating and exhausting!
I know what you mean. Learning lots of basic skills and social niceties again and again. But if your memory of the previous life was wiped clear each time then you wouldn't notice. Repeated lives in different circumstances would even out the great unfairness of life - some people sail through with few problems while others have a terrible time of it or die young.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Tue 3 Jul - 0:15

The little that I have learned about reincarnation is from my two Hindu girlfriends.

One of them from southern India and is in an abusive marriage for 30 plus years ,both verbal and physical.  cheating as well.
She will never leave her husband,  because she thinks that she is paying for some past Karma.  She is sure in her next human form she will be rewarded, for her misery here on earth. She is getting what she deserves
She is the most caring, hardworking,loving person that you could possibly imagine.
It is very sad to watch.
She prays for death.

My other friend  is from the Brahmin caste, she is kinda like a guru to many people, very religious.
She has a loving husband, money, good kids and has all of the same personality traits of our first friend, if not more.
But, it is obvious that she thinks of herself as somehow above the other friend.

Also, many of  the Hindu beliefs in reincarnation are quite misogynic.

I don't know very much about the new age beliefs.
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Fri 13 Jul - 0:19

This is about Jim Tucker's follow up book to the one above, Return to Life:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509769/New-book-reveals-children-believe-reincarnated.html

But what happens if and when the human race comes to an end? Eventually, the sun will become so hot that Earth will be uninhabitable and they reckon the universe itself will eventually disappear. We could ask that about all religious explanations. But here are some opinions that everything is endlessly repeated in great cycles:

https://www.quora.com/Reincarnation-Will-the-Universe-repeat-itself-with-the-exact-history-again-and-again-Think-of-a-reason-you-might-get-Deja-Vu

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down