» Guess 3 Men & 3 Women (same country)
by Sary Sun 8 Apr - 23:16

» People of the British Isles + Irish DNA Atlas projects
by Aëlwenn Thu 5 Apr - 11:21

» Are you a nerd? Take the test
by Neon Knight Wed 4 Apr - 0:08

» Hungary's wartime leader would have shot Hitler
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Apr - 16:12

» Opinions on this Inception (movie) scene?
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Mar - 18:55

» Why modern pop music sucks
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Mar - 8:48

» German Myths & Legends
by Neon Knight Sun 18 Mar - 19:38

» Rate the above song /10 (2nd & 3rd opinions allowed)
by Neon Knight Sat 17 Mar - 22:33

» Australia considers visas for white South African farmers
by Neon Knight Sat 17 Mar - 3:19

» Google propaganda ?
by Neon Knight Wed 14 Mar - 20:34

» The Roman stone eagle found in London
by Sary Mon 12 Mar - 22:19

» Are Scots still against independence?
by Neon Knight Sat 10 Mar - 12:03

» Flemish patriotic group disrupts 'open borders' demonstration
by Neon Knight Sat 10 Mar - 10:04

» What if the earth was not tilted on its axis?
by Neon Knight Sat 10 Mar - 9:07

» Old Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Fri 9 Mar - 22:18

» Escape from Auschwitz
by Sary Thu 8 Mar - 22:27

» Unsettling 1970s British Public Safety Films
by Neon Knight Thu 8 Mar - 21:52

» A European language?
by Aëlwenn Tue 6 Mar - 8:41

» If Jesus returned, what would you ask him?
by Neon Knight Sun 4 Mar - 18:20

» Red Ice Radio peddles junk science
by de Burgh Sat 3 Mar - 18:56

» Cheddar Man lightened - where could he pass?
by V95.43XD Fri 2 Mar - 21:23

» Celtic Territories in Europe
by de Burgh Fri 2 Mar - 0:21

» New & Recent Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Thu 1 Mar - 19:55

» Following the Progress of Germany's AfD Party
by Neon Knight Wed 21 Feb - 21:57

» Ronnie James Dio Appreciation Thread
by Neon Knight Wed 21 Feb - 21:53

» Islamic dress code relaxed for women in Tehran
by Neon Knight Wed 21 Feb - 21:41

» Art Style Preferences Test
by Neon Knight Sun 18 Feb - 19:43

» What do you want from a political representative?
by Neon Knight Sat 17 Feb - 21:37

» Being bullied by siblings increases risk of psychosis
by Neon Knight Fri 16 Feb - 0:40

» Neoliberal organisation recommends basic income policy
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 17:57

Red Ice Radio peddles junk science

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red Ice Radio peddles junk science

Post OsricPearl on Tue 13 Feb - 15:56

I generally like some of what they say, but when I hear them talk about science, it makes cringe. Check out what they say about European origins starting at 10.
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Ice Radio peddles junk science

Post Neon Knight on Wed 14 Feb - 0:43

Lana dismisses the scientific claims without properly considering them and generally doesn't seem to know much about the subject. Henrik makes some mistakes about European origins, like you say, but he does make some good points:

* Nothing can be concluded from just a single subject (dah!).
* It's questionable whether skin can change from dark to light in 4000 years (referring to the Ice Man).
* Racial identity isn't just about skin colour.
* Whatever the prehistoric origins of Britons and Europeans, it's what we are now that matters.

Other key points about Cheddar Man:

* There was no Great Britain and hence no Britons 10,000 years ago because it was still connected to the Continent.
* He's only 10% related to modern Britons.
* There's a 1 in 4 chance he was white after all.

On the politics surrounding this, I don't know why some people seem to think that what Britons might have looked like 10,000 years ago has any bearing on present political issues or present racial identity. I've never been particularly interested in what happened before the Iron Age Celts of about 2500 years ago and the idea that we should relate to ancestors as far back as 10,000 years is ridiculous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 832

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Wed 14 Feb - 13:55

I also don't see the point in inisisting that white people came from Neanderthals against the main Out of Africa theory. All living things are related if we go far back enough in time. The origin of something is not the same as what the thing eventually becomes. Each dog breed has its own identity, we don't think of all dogs as being simply wolves.

Last edited by Neon Knight on Thu 15 Feb - 18:00; edited 1 time in total

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post OsricPearl on Thu 15 Feb - 15:43

@Neon Knight wrote:Lana dismisses the scientific claims without properly considering them and generally doesn't seem to know much about the subject. Henrik makes some mistakes about European origins, like you say, but he does make some good points:

* Nothing can be concluded from just a single subject (dah!).
* It's questionable whether skin can change from dark to light in 4000 years (referring to the Ice Man).
* Racial identity isn't just about skin colour.
* Whatever the prehistoric origins of Britons and Europeans, it's what we are now that matters.

Other key points about Cheddar Man:

* There was no Great Britain and hence no Britons 10,000 years ago because it was still connected to the Continent.
* He's only 10% related to modern Britons.
* There's a 1 in 4 chance he was white after all.

On the politics surrounding this, I don't know why some people seem to think that what Britons might have looked like 10,000 years ago has any bearing on present political issues or present racial identity. I've never been particularly interested in what happened before the Iron Age Celts of about 2500 years ago and the idea that we should relate to ancestors as far back as 10,000 years is ridiculous.

I think the item I emphasized is what's important here. They were WHG, no more, no less. My father's haplogroup is WHG, I am happy about that, but it also is only a small part of my ancestry.

My issue with what they're saying, is that it takes away from all their good points. If he can't even present an opposing argument accurately, then how can we trust him in anything else? He looses credibility. He skips over the Neolithic Farmers and adds Denisovan in there, which as far as I know, isn't part of the European makeup.

They're a married couple, and Lana seems to worship the ground he walks on. Which is cute, but it means that she never challenges him in anything. Very Happy

I agree with what you say in all points, as usual. Smile 1
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Thu 15 Feb - 18:13

I didn't know they were married. Yeah, they (and others on their side) quite often use weak arguments which some liberal intellectual will then tear apart. But all they have to do is stick to the facts and state their identitarian values against stuff like this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cheddar-man-latest-somerset-racial-identity-brexit-donald-trump-meghan-markle-a8199341.html

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post V95.43XD on Fri 2 Mar - 21:41

I'm subscribed to Red Ice, and I agree with cringing over their coverage of science. Also the Blonde Milkmaid gal's new-agey segments on "detoxing" and whatnot.. is it just me or does she kind of look like she has some nonwhite ancestry?

The altright channels make me want to start my own to better cover such topics and lay out ideas that argue for policies that are "ethnostate-lite" and pro traditional American values.

I cringed when Richard Spencer and company talked about a representative altright firearm.. and outright dismissed the AR15. It should be that or the M1, M14 or hell, even the mini 14 or best off: the good old Winchester repeater. Something to connect us to OUR heritage, not some random, foreign military weapon chosen by someone whose closest interaction to one is playing Call of Duty.

(Sorry for the offtopic)
V95.43XD

Male Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post de Burgh on Sat 3 Mar - 18:56

This is the sad part about the modern age; ignorance and political agendas are the norm and actual, scholarly work is shunned because its not "politically correct." Politics should never mix with a commendable field such as the Sciences. Its nauseating enough to think domestic terrorists on the far left are tarnishing the respective field with their delusional, far-left psycho-babble and other inane stupidities that only suit their regressive agenda. They don't deserve to be in the field, let alone "scientists" since they only care about appealing to the lowest common denominator.

'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piercing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. [...]'
˜ H.P. Lovecraft
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top