» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

Cheddar Man lightened - where could he pass?

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheddar Man lightened - where could he pass?

Post Neon Knight on Sun 11 Feb - 15:40

Which modern native peoples does a depigmented Cheddar Man most resemble?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 982

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheddar Man lightened - where could he pass?

Post OsricPearl on Tue 13 Feb - 19:50

he looks like a weird cross between native american and black.
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Tue 13 Feb - 23:11

Apart from the nose I think he would fit well in Ukraine/Russia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Wed 14 Feb - 0:40

I think that he looks Slavic,cute nice blue eyes and a very deep tan.
He is probably so dark and rugged looking from being outside all of the time.
Northern Europe was considerably warmer 10,000 years ago,then it is today.
http://dandebat.dk/eng-klima7.htm
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 302

Back to top Go down

Post OsricPearl on Thu 15 Feb - 15:45

@Sary wrote:I think that he looks Slavic,cute nice blue eyes and a very deep tan.

WHG were probably darker than modern Euroes, but not that dark. I think this stinks of having an agenda.
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Thu 15 Feb - 23:37

@OsricPearl wrote:
@Sary wrote:I think that he looks Slavic,cute nice blue eyes and a very deep tan.

WHG were probably darker than modern Euroes, but not that dark. I think this stinks of having an agenda.

I can not figure out what the acronym WHG stands for....white human genome?

Human beings no matter what race share the same DNA.  I think that Caucasian people probably evolved from a desirable mutation.
Our body is only a shell,what matters is what is in the inside.
Being colored is fashionable now,it is no wonder they made cheddar man dark,which is really dumb if you ask me.

https://web.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/minorities.shtml

"DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other."
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Fri 16 Feb - 0:21

@Sary wrote:
@OsricPearl wrote:WHG were probably darker than modern Euroes, but not that dark. I think this stinks of having an agenda.

I thought you wouldn't know what that meant Smile 1 I used to have to look up these things as well. Western Hunter-Gatherer. This is a genetic plot showing prehistoric populations compared to modern ones:

Last edited by Neon Knight on Tue 20 Feb - 21:21; edited 1 time in total

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post de Burgh on Fri 16 Feb - 14:43

Looks very cro-magnon like. Nevertheless, despite his skin color, his facial features are European in nature as a proto-strain of native European hunter-gatherers. Which doesn't look any different than Europeans today.

'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piercing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. [...]'
˜ H.P. Lovecraft
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Sat 17 Feb - 12:46

@Sary wrote:Human beings no matter what race share the same DNA.  I think that Caucasian people probably evolved from a desirable mutation.

Being colored is fashionable now, it is no wonder they made cheddar man dark, which is really dumb if you ask me.

"DNA studies do not indicate that separate classifiable subspecies (races) exist within modern humans. While different genes for physical traits such as skin and hair color can be identified between individuals, no consistent patterns of genes across the human genome exist to distinguish one race from another. There also is no genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity. People who have lived in the same geographic region for many generations may have some alleles in common, but no allele will be found in all members of one population and in no members of any other."

The sentence I've emboldened is just not true. A DNA test such as 23andMe can consistently distinguish between ancestry from different continents. To be honest, I once saw someone who was half Arab get classed as almost entirely European, but Levantines are close to southern Euros to begin with. There's no way the test would confuse European ancestry with Native American, South Asian, East Asian or African.

A biologist will say there are no sub-races because sub-race is partially a psycho-social concept as well as a genetic one. In this respect humans are similar to cats. I just found this conversation on a pet forum:

Is my cat a purebred Siamese cat or not? I'm just curious I got this cat and she looks extremely like a Siamese with the blue eyes and the paw pads a darkish pink.

She looks too long haired and stocky to be a pure Siamese, maybe she's got some Birman in her. Without any papers she's technically a moggie, but she is gorgeous.

Now imagine they were talking about a person . . .

"Is my new friend a pure European or not? He looks extremely German with his blue eyes and light skin."

"His face looks the wrong shape to be a pure European, maybe he's got some Chinese in him. Without any proof I'd say he's mixed."

It could be argued that there is no such thing as genetic European because Europeans blend into West Asians but we find it useful to talk about different colours even though red blends into orange into yellow into green etc.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Sat 17 Feb - 19:19

@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:
@OsricPearl wrote:WHG were probably darker than modern Euroes, but not that dark. I think this stinks of having an agenda.

I thought you wouldn't know what that meant Smile 1 I used to have to look up these things as well. Western Hunter-Gatherer. This is a genetic plot showing prehistoric populations compared to modern ones:

I tried to google WHG, but nothing came up that made any sense. Thanks for the info, I am still very new to anthropology, knowing the lingo will definitely help to understand Smile 1
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Sat 17 Feb - 19:44

@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:Human beings no matter what race share the same DNA.  I think that Caucasian people probably evolved from a desirable mutation.

Being colored is fashionable now, it is no wonder they made cheddar man dark, which is really dumb if you ask me.

The sentence I've emboldened is just not true. A DNA test such as 23andMe can consistently distinguish between ancestry from different continents. To be honest, I once saw someone who was half Arab get classed as almost entirely European, but Levantines are close to southern Euros to begin with. There's no way the test would confuse European ancestry with Native American, South Asian, East Asian or African.

A biologist will say there are no sub-races because sub-race is partially a psycho-social concept as well as a genetic one. In this respect humans are similar to cats. I just found this conversation on a pet forum:

Is my cat a purebred Siamese cat or not? I'm just curious I got this cat and she looks extremely like a Siamese with the blue eyes and the paw pads a darkish pink.

She looks too long haired and stocky to be a pure Siamese, maybe she's got some Birman in her. Without any papers she's technically a moggie, but she is gorgeous.

Now imagine they were talking about a person . . .

"Is my new friend a pure European or not? He looks extremely German with his blue eyes and light skin."

"His face looks the wrong shape to be a pure European, maybe he's got some Chinese in him. Without any proof I'd say he's mixed."

It could be argued that there is no such thing as genetic European because Europeans blend into West Asians but we find it useful to talk about different colours even though red blends into orange into yellow into green etc.

Well ....kinda like all Siamese are cats,but not all cats are true Siamese ? You can never really know what a person is genetically,by their phenotype?

Now here something that puzzled me for a long time, it is what first got me interested in anthropology.
Why do females with Rh negative blood produce antibodies against an Rh positive fetus? Before rhogam was introduced many of the off spring between a positive male and negative female would be still born,killed off by their own mothers antibodies. Non Caucasian have a very low population of Rh negative blood,Europeans have a much higher percentage.
It is an enigma.
Maybe it is true and there is a genetic basis for divisions of human ethnicity.
We are not all the same Scratching

Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Sat 17 Feb - 21:09

One of this couple is 1/4 non-European. Can you tell if it is the man or the woman?

Spoiler:

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post Sary on Sat 17 Feb - 21:38

The babe is pointing to the woman. I have to agree.
The male looks very European.
50/50 guess
Sary
A lady of the castle

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight on Tue 20 Feb - 22:45

I'll give a chance for some of the others to have a guess at the ancestry question above. In the meantime . . .

https://uk.blastingnews.com/science/2018/02/first-brit-cheddar-man-was-a-western-european-hunter-gatherer-002374481.html

Dr Chris Stringer explained to viewers that Cheddar Man’s genetic profile was very similar to the ancient specimens found in Europe, such as in Loschbour in Luxemburg, the Hungarian ones, the 7,000-year one in La Brana Arintero in Spain and the other in Germany. These, too, are believed to have the combination of dark skin and blue eyes. They are labelled ‘Western European Hunter-Gatherers’ and believed to have spread across Europe after the last Ice Age thawed some 10K years ago, migrating from the Middle East . . .

Some anthro-hobbyists consider the hunter-gatherers to be the 'true Europeans' who were later made 'less European' by mixing with the neolithic farmers who came from the Middle East and they measure Europeaness now by how much HG DNA a person has. I think this standard for Europeaness makes little sense because the HGs don't exist anymore! They were proto-Europeans, thousands of years before the concept of Europe (and probably before the event that created geographical Europe, but that's another thread  Wink 1 )

I suppose what you regard as your historical origins depends on your nationality and ancestry. For me it was the British Celts at the time of the first Roman invasion in 55 BC which is 2,073-4 years ago. That was the beginning of the British national identity.

- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post V95.43XD on Fri 2 Mar - 21:23

Sort of like a northern native American, but not entirely. He doesnt look like any modern population to me, honestly.
V95.43XD

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top