Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Fishing tribe evolved for deep water diving
by Neon Knight Yesterday at 23:20

» Favourite Film Scenes
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:42

» I wrote a book
by OsricPearl Yesterday at 22:41

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Fri 22 Jun - 22:58

» Hungary Refuses to Sign Migration Declaration
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Jun - 8:31

» Steam tells the SJW's to Stuff it.
by frankhammer Tue 19 Jun - 16:41

» New exhibition of JRR Tolkien's art in Oxford
by Sary Tue 19 Jun - 0:40

» Chinese village reclaimed by nature
by Sary Sat 16 Jun - 22:21

» 42% support for a united Ireland in Northern Ireland
by Neon Knight Fri 15 Jun - 21:04

» Austria’s Kurz wants ‘axis of willing’ against illegal migration
by OsricPearl Fri 15 Jun - 3:04

» How will morality change in future?
by OsricPearl Thu 14 Jun - 3:12

» Old Film Trailers
by Sary Wed 13 Jun - 0:12

» Sharing 'hate' posts online could mean six months in prison
by Neon Knight Mon 11 Jun - 21:20

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Jun - 23:42

» The World Rule of Law Index
by Neon Knight Fri 8 Jun - 19:25

» Confusing Victims with Heroes
by Sary Tue 5 Jun - 22:46

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 22:11

» Whispering Iceland
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 0:08

» WWII re-enacment scrapped for fear of causing offence
by Neon Knight Sun 3 Jun - 16:36

» Faith J Goldy demonstrates double standard on race
by Sary Sat 2 Jun - 1:19

» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» New & Recent Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

» 1970s British Punks and the Swastika
by Neon Knight Sat 19 May - 19:33

» 50 years ago, Arizona bought London Bridge for £1m
by Neon Knight Tue 15 May - 19:38

» Lecturers told to attend 'white privilege' seminars
by Aëlwenn Mon 14 May - 15:53

» Are you a nerd? Take the test
by frankhammer Sun 13 May - 7:37

» Should carrying a mobile phone be compulsory?
by Neon Knight Fri 11 May - 1:11

» Big chocolate spill on Polish highway!
by Sary Fri 11 May - 1:05

» Baby fox and badgers become friends at sanctuary
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:10

» Ronnie James Dio Appreciation Thread
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:06

» There's only 11 mins of play in an American football game
by Neon Knight Tue 8 May - 19:04

» The present day practice of Ásatrú in Iceland
by OsricPearl Tue 8 May - 16:45

» 44 genes linked to depression
by Sary Mon 7 May - 22:51


The World's IQ = 86

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The World's IQ = 86

Post OsricPearl on Tue 31 Oct - 19:02

http://www.unz.com/jthompson/the-worlds-iq-86/

Few subjects arouse as much ire as national IQs. Questions are asked about the cultural appropriateness of the tests, whether they have sufficient scope to assess the different talents of racial and cultural groups, the representativeness and size of the samples, and even whether those results are reported correctly.

National scholastic achievements, on the other hand, are greeted with widespread publicity, discussed anxiously in government and educational circles, and sometimes rather naively accepted as an unerring measure of a nation’s educational system. In some ways this is understandable, because PISA and similar studies are well-funded, are global in scope, and repeated at regular intervals, allowing progress to be monitored. Yes, every test can be gamed, and national results vary considerably in coverage, representativeness, and probably also in levels of cheating. However, these are matters for the sort of people who read the supplementary annexes, and persons of that sort cannot be considered normal.

Every test, either “school near” as those designed for PISA or “school far” as designed for intelligence testing, are subject to the same concerns about sampling, measurement invariance, individual item analysis, and the appropriateness of summary statistics. Why the difference in public response to these two different points on the assessment spectrum? Perhaps it is as simple as noting that in scholastic attainment there is always room to do better (or to blame the quality of schooling) whereas in intelligence testing there is an implication of an immutable restriction, unfairly revealed by tricky questions of doubtful validity.

Perhaps it is a matter of publicity. PISA has the money for brochures, briefing papers, press conferences, meetings with government officials. Richard Lynn put his list together in his study, and came up with results that many were happy to bury.

I actually question the validity of these sets of numbers because some of the results seem a little low for the countries. I think it had 82 for Romania, which is too low IMO.
avatar
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The World's IQ = 86

Post Neon Knight on Tue 31 Oct - 20:51

Ireland's is low as well.

There's so much room for argument in this field that it's hard to know what to conclude about race and intelligence. Maybe in future there will be a direct way of measuring intelligence through brain scanning or something.

I've seen a video of a lecture by Prof. Richard Lynn where he says that the West is declining because of immigration lowering the average IQ and that the Chinese will eventually rise to superiority.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLowyAEA54


That Unz Review looks like a good news site by the way. I'll bookmark it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The World's IQ = 86

Post OsricPearl on Wed 1 Nov - 15:33

@Neon Knight wrote:Ireland's is low as well.

There's so much room for argument in this field that it's hard to know what to conclude about race and intelligence. Maybe in future there will be a direct way of measuring intelligence through brain scanning or something.

I've seen a video of a lecture by Prof. Richard Lynn where he says that the West is declining because of immigration lowering the average IQ and that the Chinese will eventually rise to superiority.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLowyAEA54


That Unz Review looks like a good news site by the way. I'll bookmark it.

It is a good site. It has a lot of "out of bounds" authors but it isn't DailyStormer. I really like how he (Unz) is willing to give nearly everyone a platform. I've seen essays by Chompsky, for example, and Buchannan.

Anyway, I think that thing get murky with IQ and developing countries because it's hard to believe that people can build buildings (even huts), clothes, and hunt with an IQ of 70. It just doesn't make sense. Clearly, there is something that IQ tests are missing, even if they can predict certain outcomes in Western/Modern civs.
avatar
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The World's IQ = 86

Post Neon Knight on Wed 1 Nov - 17:52

@OsricPearl wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:Ireland's is low as well.

There's so much room for argument in this field that it's hard to know what to conclude about race and intelligence. Maybe in future there will be a direct way of measuring intelligence through brain scanning or something.

I've seen a video of a lecture by Prof. Richard Lynn where he says that the West is declining because of immigration lowering the average IQ and that the Chinese will eventually rise to superiority.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLowyAEA54


That Unz Review looks like a good news site by the way. I'll bookmark it.

It is a good site. It has a lot of "out of bounds" authors but it isn't DailyStormer. I really like how he (Unz) is willing to give nearly everyone a platform. I've seen essays by Chompsky, for example, and Buchannan.

Anyway, I think that thing get murky with IQ and developing countries because it's hard to believe that people can build buildings (even huts), clothes, and hunt with an IQ of 70. It just doesn't make sense. Clearly, there is something that IQ tests are missing, even if they can predict certain outcomes in Western/Modern civs.
I remember seeing some evidence of clear racial differences in American educational tests. Do you know anything about that?

On the whole issue, the possibility of racial differences in mental and physical performance is a scientific question and we should not let the poltically correct brigade close down these debates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The World's IQ = 86

Post OsricPearl on Wed 15 Nov - 17:51

@Neon Knight wrote:
@OsricPearl wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:Ireland's is low as well.

There's so much room for argument in this field that it's hard to know what to conclude about race and intelligence. Maybe in future there will be a direct way of measuring intelligence through brain scanning or something.

I've seen a video of a lecture by Prof. Richard Lynn where he says that the West is declining because of immigration lowering the average IQ and that the Chinese will eventually rise to superiority.

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tLowyAEA54


That Unz Review looks like a good news site by the way. I'll bookmark it.

It is a good site. It has a lot of "out of bounds" authors but it isn't DailyStormer. I really like how he (Unz) is willing to give nearly everyone a platform. I've seen essays by Chompsky, for example, and Buchannan.

Anyway, I think that thing get murky with IQ and developing countries because it's hard to believe that people can build buildings (even huts), clothes, and hunt with an IQ of 70. It just doesn't make sense. Clearly, there is something that IQ tests are missing, even if they can predict certain outcomes in Western/Modern civs.
I remember seeing some evidence of clear racial differences in American educational tests. Do you know anything about that?

On the whole issue, the  possibility of racial differences in mental and physical performance is a scientific question and we should not let the politically correct brigade close down these debates.

Yes. On the whole. black Americans score the lowest, then Hispanics, then whites, and then Asians, who score the highest. Although social economic reasons play a role, blacks from wealthy families tend to score as low, or even lower, than lower class whites. It's serious enough so that everyone is always trying to do something about "the gap."
avatar
OsricPearl
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-08-07

Back to top Go down

Re: The World's IQ = 86

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum