Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Rainbows in European Mythology
by Neon Knight Today at 14:47

» What is your religion or phylosophical moral code?
by Sary Yesterday at 23:14

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Fri 12 Apr - 23:47

» Brexit Saga Update
by Neon Knight Fri 12 Apr - 22:53

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Thu 11 Apr - 20:56

» What do the Irish think of the English?
by Neon Knight Tue 9 Apr - 23:40

» UK: 'feral kids overrun drug-ridden jails'
by OsricPearl Mon 8 Apr - 3:46

» Old Film Trailers (to 2009)
by Sary Sun 7 Apr - 23:26

» Rise of Nationalist Parties in Europe
by Neon Knight Sat 6 Apr - 12:24

» Science Knowledge Quiz
by Sary Wed 3 Apr - 1:01

» Germany's AfD Party
by Neon Knight Tue 2 Apr - 17:13

» Animals - News & General
by OsricPearl Mon 1 Apr - 3:18

» 24 genes linked to wealth
by OsricPearl Fri 29 Mar - 16:14

» Mexican President Demands Reparations
by OsricPearl Thu 28 Mar - 2:22

» New Genetic Study of Iberians
by OsricPearl Tue 26 Mar - 15:31

» The Marrakesh Migration Declaration / Pact
by Neon Knight Mon 18 Mar - 21:28

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Sun 17 Mar - 23:42

» Christchurch Massacre - Right Wing Extremism
by OsricPearl Sat 16 Mar - 18:41

» Favourite Film Scenes
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:03

» Political Systems
by OsricPearl Mon 11 Mar - 2:57

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Mar - 21:15

» Why the paranormal is probably real
by Sary Sat 9 Mar - 15:42

» Classic TV Adverts
by Neon Knight Fri 1 Mar - 22:38

» My strange Phenotype
by Neon Knight Fri 1 Mar - 0:50

» Finland, Luxembourg & Ireland worst for anti-black harassment
by OsricPearl Thu 28 Feb - 14:45

» Language Test for Political Type
by OsricPearl Mon 25 Feb - 4:30

» Liberals lecture and conservatives communicate
by OsricPearl Mon 25 Feb - 4:27

» Alarming decline in flying insects
by Sary Tue 19 Feb - 1:44

» Financial incentives for Hungarian women to have more children
by Neon Knight Wed 13 Feb - 0:18

» Classic TV Theme Music
by Neon Knight Sun 10 Feb - 22:48

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Wed 6 Feb - 23:09

» Personality Differences in Twitter and Facebook Users
by Neon Knight Wed 6 Feb - 0:21

» 23andMe update
by Sary Fri 1 Feb - 0:36

» Genes for staying slim do exist
by OsricPearl Wed 30 Jan - 4:14

» Popular music has become more emotionally negative
by Neon Knight Mon 28 Jan - 0:38

» Pronouncing ö and ü in German
by Neon Knight Thu 24 Jan - 22:31

» Government Shutdown over Border Wall
by OsricPearl Mon 21 Jan - 18:28

» Historical European Martial Arts, Arms & Armour
by Neon Knight Sun 20 Jan - 18:34

» How Poisons Kill
by Sary Fri 18 Jan - 0:27

» Blond hair has more genetic variants
by OsricPearl Tue 15 Jan - 3:25


Women have more stamina than men

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Women have more stamina than men

Post Neon Knight on Thu 12 Oct - 13:57

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4820556/Women-stamina-men-endurance-events.html Quoting:

* Males are typically powerful but women have a greater power of endurance
* This makes females better at endurance events, Canadian research suggests
* Men became more fatigued much faster than females did in tests
* 'Women can outlast men by a wide margin,’ says Professor Brian Dalton

Women have more stamina than men, according to a scientific study. The greater staying power of females means they can beat men in gruelling ultra-marathons – extreme running and cycling events that can last days.

Although males are typically bigger and more powerful than females, new research has found that women have a greater power of endurance. A man’s strength decreased 15 per cent more than it did for a woman after repeating an exercise 200 times, the study found. It adds to a growing body of evidence that women are better at endurance events.

Women were once thought to be too weak to be allowed to compete in marathons. The first woman to compete in the Boston Marathon, Kathrine Switzer, only did so in 1967 – and had to disguise herself as a man. Women only competed in the marathon at the Olympics from 1984 onwards. Explaining why women were barred from marathons, Kathrine Schwitzer said that it was thought that marathons were ‘dangerous, de-sexing and de-feminising for a woman.’ But since then, women have even beaten men in extreme endurance events.

Last year American cyclist Lael Wilcox became the first woman to win the Trans Am, a 4,300-mile race from Oregon to Virginia, which took her just over 18 days as she trounced male riders. It was followed by women runners taking five outright victories in ‘ultra marathons’ across the US, with 42 year old Caroline Boller setting a new course record at the Brazos Bend 50 mile trail race in Texas.

Now Brian Dalton, professor of neurophysiology at the University of British Columbia, Canada, has revealed women are considerably less exhausted after natural, dynamic muscle exercises than men of similar age and athletic ability.

He tested the theory out by asking study participants to do calf raises and discovered a dramatic gender advantage - for the women. Power recordings from the males fell by 15 per cent more than their female counterparts, after 200 repetitions. Professor said: ‘The answer is pretty definitive: women can outlast men by a wide margin.’

Both sexes performed equally well at the beginning of the test - but fatigue set in earlier for the men, he explained. Professor Dalton said: ‘When we extend the paradigm to a large number of contractions, like 200, that is when we start to see differences . . .

While only one isolated muscle group was studied, Professor Dalton says he would expect similar results for others. He said that while there was not a standardised ‘ultra-marathon’ distance, ‘We know from previous research that for events like ultra-trail running, males may complete them faster but females are considerably less tired by the end. ‘If ever an ultra-ultra-marathon is developed, women may well dominate in that arena.’




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty .

Post Guest on Thu 12 Oct - 20:20

@Neon Knight wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4820556/Women-stamina-men-endurance-events.html  Quoting:

   * Males are typically powerful but women have a greater power of endurance
   * This makes females better at endurance events, Canadian research suggests
   * Men became more fatigued much faster than females did in tests
   * 'Women can outlast men by a wide margin,’ says Professor Brian Dalton

Women have more stamina than men, according to a scientific study. The greater staying power of females means they can beat men in gruelling ultra-marathons – extreme running and cycling events that can last days.

Although males are typically bigger and more powerful than females, new research has found that women have a greater power of endurance. A man’s strength decreased 15 per cent more than it did for a woman after repeating an exercise 200 times, the study found. It adds to a growing body of evidence that women are better at endurance events.

Women were once thought to be too weak to be allowed to compete in marathons. The first woman to compete in the Boston Marathon, Kathrine Switzer, only did so in 1967 – and had to disguise herself as a man. Women only competed in the marathon at the Olympics from 1984 onwards. Explaining why women were barred from marathons, Kathrine Schwitzer said that it was thought that marathons were ‘dangerous, de-sexing and de-feminising for a woman.’ But since then, women have even beaten men in extreme endurance events.

Last year American cyclist Lael Wilcox became the first woman to win the Trans Am, a 4,300-mile race from Oregon to Virginia, which took her just over 18 days as she trounced male riders. It was followed by women runners taking five outright victories in ‘ultra marathons’ across the US, with 42 year old Caroline Boller setting a new course record at the Brazos Bend 50 mile trail race in Texas.

Now Brian Dalton, professor of neurophysiology at the University of British Columbia, Canada, has revealed women are considerably less exhausted after natural, dynamic muscle exercises than men of similar age and athletic ability.

He tested the theory out by asking study participants to do calf raises and discovered a dramatic gender advantage - for the women. Power recordings from the males fell by 15 per cent more than their female counterparts, after 200 repetitions. Professor said: ‘The answer is pretty definitive: women can outlast men by a wide margin.’

Both sexes performed equally well at the beginning of the test - but fatigue set in earlier for the men, he explained. Professor Dalton said: ‘When we extend the paradigm to a large number of contractions, like 200, that is when we start to see differences . . .

While only one isolated muscle group was studied, Professor Dalton says he would expect similar results for others. He said that while there was not a standardised ‘ultra-marathon’ distance, ‘We know from previous research that for events like ultra-trail running, males may complete them faster but females are considerably less tired by the end. ‘If ever an ultra-ultra-marathon is developed, women may well dominate in that arena.’




It's a fantastic news to women, but it means maybe I'm a man, just don't know it. Smile 1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Neon Knight on Fri 13 Oct - 0:55

magyar_lány wrote:It's a fantastic news to women, but it means maybe I'm a man, just don't know it. Smile 1

There might still be time for you to enter this: https://runinbudapest.com/

Good luck! Popcorn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Aëlwenn on Fri 13 Oct - 3:03

And smarter ... Thumb-Up
Aëlwenn
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 165
Join date : 2017-06-23

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty .

Post Guest on Fri 13 Oct - 18:21

@Neon Knight wrote:
magyar_lány wrote:It's a fantastic news to women, but it means maybe I'm a man, just don't know it. Smile 1

There might still be time for you to enter this: https://runinbudapest.com/

Good luck!   Popcorn

Thank you. Thumb-Up

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Sary on Fri 13 Oct - 21:45

I think that when it comes to many things,men and women are different and that should be recognized and protected. We are not the same.

I am not happy to learn that the Boy Scouts of America has recently decided to let girls join up and become Boy Scouts ! This is so stupid,who decides these things?
 Girls are girls,that is what Girl Scouts are for.  females mature much faster than males.
My son is a boy scout ,working towards becoming an Eagle Scout.  That is a big deal,here in the USA. These young men could do without BOY crazy females in the troop distracting them. They better not start co Ed camping trips! Bad Mood



Last edited by Sary on Sun 15 Oct - 2:02; edited 1 time in total
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 480
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Neon Knight on Sat 14 Oct - 10:42

I agree. These ideas about equality were reasonable to begin with but they are now being taken to ridiculous extremes. I wonder if this new morality is all some kind of religion substitute. It doesn't seem rational.

In the next UK census they are considering making it optional to answer the question of which gender you are:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/08/no-sex-census-ons-proposes-making-intrusive-question-voluntary/

Research carried out by the ONS found the "sex" question included on the 2011 census, which requires respondents to choose whether they are male or female, "was considered to be irrelevant, unacceptable and intrusive, particularly to trans participants, due to asking about sex rather than gender".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Sary on Sun 15 Oct - 2:52

It probably is best ,especially for young people,who may be confused about their gender identity not to answer the question "which gender you are?"

People change,some of us are more easily influenced,by peers,the media ect.. Gay,transgender bisexual identification could simply be a phase.

Personal questions asked by a health care facility ,go on to the patients electronic health record and that is permanent. Most every patient chart that I have seen with a transgender identity ,has a psyche history as well.

The hospital that I work for,requires mandatory education on how to care LGBTQ patients. It is really is getting ridiculous,it is not that complicated,you are born a male or a female. There are only two genders.
I never realized until last year,that I am a cisgender....it sounds so fancy and so stupid.




Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 480
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Neon Knight on Sun 15 Oct - 15:16

@Sary wrote:It probably is best, especially for young people, who may be confused about their gender identity not to answer the question "which gender you are?"

People change,some of us are more easily influenced, by peers, the media ect.. Gay,transgender bisexual  identification could simply be a phase.

Personal questions asked by a health care facility, go on to the patients electronic health record and that is permanent. Most every patient chart that I have seen with a transgender identity, has a psyche history as well.

The hospital that I work for, requires mandatory education  on how to care LGBTQ patients. It is really is getting ridiculous, it is not that complicated, you are born a male or a female. There are only two genders.
I never realized until last year, that I am a cisgender....it sounds so fancy and so stupid.

I'm not sure of your position here Sary. The parts of your post I've emboldened seem to contradict each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Sary on Mon 16 Oct - 1:12

@Neon Knight wrote:
@Sary wrote:It probably is best, especially for young people, who may be confused about their gender identity not to answer the question "which gender you are?"

People change,some of us are more easily influenced, by peers, the media ect.. Gay,transgender bisexual  identification could simply be a phase.

Personal questions asked by a health care facility, go on to the patients electronic health record and that is permanent. Most every patient chart that I have seen with a transgender identity, has a psyche history as well.

The hospital that I work for, requires mandatory education  on how to care LGBTQ patients. It is really is getting ridiculous, it is not that complicated, you are born a male or a female. There are only two genders.
I never realized until last year, that I am a cisgender....it sounds so fancy and so stupid.

I'm not sure of your position here Sary. The parts of your post I've emboldened seem to contradict each other.

What I mean to say,is that there should only be two choices ,biological male or female The other categories of gender are psychological ,very subjective I think there are now my over 100 different types of gender identity .
It can be confusing for young people and even more so,for old people.

So yes everyone should have to check the box either M or F...in my world .
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 480
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Neon Knight on Mon 16 Oct - 9:10

Right. Thanks for clarifying.

I think it would be okay to have a question such as: "Do you identify as a gender different to your biological one?" in addition to the basic question of biology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Sary on Mon 16 Oct - 23:09

I do not understand why the question of gender identity needs to be asked in the first place . Unless you are a natural hermaphrodite ,what difference does it make?

Checking a third option automatically marginalizes a person,makes them "special ". That can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Of course in certain situations it would be important to know ones gender identity ,like a dating service and in some health care situations,other than that it is nobody's business.


Maybe you are right ,how the obsession with gender identity could be some weird substitute for religion.
Sary
Sary
A lady of the castle

Female Posts : 480
Join date : 2017-07-10

Back to top Go down

Women have more stamina than men Empty Re: Women have more stamina than men

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum