Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Hungary Refuses to Sign Migration Declaration
by Neon Knight Today at 8:31

» Steam tells the SJW's to Stuff it.
by frankhammer Yesterday at 16:41

» New exhibition of JRR Tolkien's art in Oxford
by Sary Yesterday at 0:40

» I wrote a book
by Neon Knight Yesterday at 0:18

» Chinese village reclaimed by nature
by Sary Sat 16 Jun - 22:21

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by OsricPearl Sat 16 Jun - 3:21

» 42% support for a united Ireland in Northern Ireland
by Neon Knight Fri 15 Jun - 21:04

» Austria’s Kurz wants ‘axis of willing’ against illegal migration
by OsricPearl Fri 15 Jun - 3:04

» How will morality change in future?
by OsricPearl Thu 14 Jun - 3:12

» Old Film Trailers
by Sary Wed 13 Jun - 0:12

» Sharing 'hate' posts online could mean six months in prison
by Neon Knight Mon 11 Jun - 21:20

» Now listening to . . .
by Neon Knight Sat 9 Jun - 23:42

» The World Rule of Law Index
by Neon Knight Fri 8 Jun - 19:25

» Favourite Film Scenes
by Sary Tue 5 Jun - 23:35

» Confusing Victims with Heroes
by Sary Tue 5 Jun - 22:46

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 22:11

» Whispering Iceland
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Jun - 0:08

» WWII re-enacment scrapped for fear of causing offence
by Neon Knight Sun 3 Jun - 16:36

» Faith J Goldy demonstrates double standard on race
by Sary Sat 2 Jun - 1:19

» Tommy Robinson
by OsricPearl Thu 31 May - 18:57

» New & Recent Film Trailers
by Neon Knight Thu 31 May - 18:57

» What happens when the oil runs out?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 22:44

» Quizzes android application about Europe
by Jehan I Sun 27 May - 17:51

» When is the brain fully developed?
by Neon Knight Sun 27 May - 10:56

» 'No more than 1,000 new Danish citizenships annually': DF as law change talks begin
by OsricPearl Sat 26 May - 3:33

» Huntswoman thrashes saboteur with a riding crop
by OsricPearl Tue 22 May - 14:49

» Snowflake parents changing 'politically incorrect' fairytales
by de Burgh Mon 21 May - 1:42

» Count Dankula's Court Hearings
by Neon Knight Sun 20 May - 22:43

» 1970s British Punks and the Swastika
by Neon Knight Sat 19 May - 19:33

» 50 years ago, Arizona bought London Bridge for £1m
by Neon Knight Tue 15 May - 19:38

» Lecturers told to attend 'white privilege' seminars
by Aëlwenn Mon 14 May - 15:53

» Are you a nerd? Take the test
by frankhammer Sun 13 May - 7:37

» Should carrying a mobile phone be compulsory?
by Neon Knight Fri 11 May - 1:11

» Big chocolate spill on Polish highway!
by Sary Fri 11 May - 1:05

» Baby fox and badgers become friends at sanctuary
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:10

» Ronnie James Dio Appreciation Thread
by Aëlwenn Tue 8 May - 22:06

» There's only 11 mins of play in an American football game
by Neon Knight Tue 8 May - 19:04

» The present day practice of Ásatrú in Iceland
by OsricPearl Tue 8 May - 16:45

» 44 genes linked to depression
by Sary Mon 7 May - 22:51

» The World Press Freedom Index
by Aëlwenn Sat 28 Apr - 10:16


What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post de Burgh on Tue 25 Jul - 8:41

From your own assessments of political ideologies you have looked into; what would you emphasize into your own ideal country in your own opinion?

I would implement a meritocratic model into federal/crowned republics. By implementing a meritocratic model; you can screen out troublesome candidates and take in more favorable options. That helps negate individuals who are not qualified or who are not in the right mindset to lead a country.
avatar
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 117
Join date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post Neon Knight on Tue 25 Jul - 22:53

It's hard to pick just one ideology which covers everything satisfatorily. So, to take the main areas:

CONSTITUTION - A mixture of representative and direct democracy (like Switzerland) with a hereditary monarch/president as head of state.

FOREIGN POLICY - Cooperate and ally with nations of similar culture but retain national sovereignty. Aim for zero net migration (1 in 1 out) with preference given to immigrants of same/similar race and culture.

ECONOMY - Centrist, leaning towards socialist with energy and water provision at least owned by the state. No very large companies dominating a market. Worker's cooperatives or profit sharing for medium and large companies.

ENVIRONMENT - Agree to carbon reduction goals if the main polluting nations are committed. No more building on 'greenbelt' land. A mass tree-planting programme. General wildlife conservation measures as a priority.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 934
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post Neon Knight on Tue 25 Jul - 22:59

@de Burgh wrote:From your own assessments of political ideologies you have looked into; what would you emphasize into your own ideal country in your own opinion?

I would implement a meritocratic model into federal/crowned republics. By implementing a meritocratic model; you can screen out troublesome candidates and take in more favorable options. That helps negate individuals who are not qualified or who are not in the right mindset to lead a country.
Yes, I think political candidates should meet certain standards of education and experience and, ideally, they should be given personalty assessments to minimise corruption (maybe in future it will be possible to do this with a hi-tech brain scan).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 934
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post de Burgh on Thu 27 Jul - 19:50

@Neon Knight wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:From your own assessments of political ideologies you have looked into; what would you emphasize into your own ideal country in your own opinion?

I would implement a meritocratic model into federal/crowned republics. By implementing a meritocratic model; you can screen out troublesome candidates and take in more favorable options. That helps negate individuals who are not qualified or who are not in the right mindset to lead a country.
Yes, I think political candidates should meet certain standards of education and experience and, ideally, they should be given personalty assessments to minimise corruption (maybe in future it will be possible to do this with a hi-tech brain scan).

Sounds like a plan. lol :-P
avatar
de Burgh
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 117
Join date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post Neon Knight on Thu 27 Jul - 20:32

@de Burgh wrote:
@Neon Knight wrote:
@de Burgh wrote:From your own assessments of political ideologies you have looked into; what would you emphasize into your own ideal country in your own opinion?

I would implement a meritocratic model into federal/crowned republics. By implementing a meritocratic model; you can screen out troublesome candidates and take in more favorable options. That helps negate individuals who are not qualified or who are not in the right mindset to lead a country.
Yes, I think political candidates should meet certain standards of education and experience and, ideally, they should be given personalty assessments to minimise corruption (maybe in future it will be possible to do this with a hi-tech brain scan).

Sounds like a plan. lol :-P
Wanted: political representative with good general knowledge and conscientious disposition. Narcissists need not apply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
avatar
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 934
Join date : 2017-03-05

http://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What political ideology would you see as being more ideal?

Post Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum