Castle Europa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Like/Tweet/+1
Latest topics
» Now listening to . . .
by Sary Yesterday at 0:26

» Religious Followings in Iran
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 3:00

» Minimum Drinking Ages
by Neon Knight Sat 16 Mar - 2:55

» Song Cover-Versions & Originals
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 22:43

» European Border Disputes
by Neon Knight Tue 5 Mar - 1:49

» Cat Vision
by Sary Wed 21 Feb - 2:00

» Cool Masculine Art
by Neon Knight Thu 15 Feb - 1:08

» Apparitions & Hauntings
by Neon Knight Wed 31 Jan - 9:33

» Beautiful Feminine Art
by Sary Wed 24 Jan - 0:03

» Monty Python Scenes & Sketches
by Neon Knight Tue 23 Jan - 0:32

» Covid-19 in Europe
by Sary Sat 6 Jan - 2:04

» Xylitol - the ideal sugar substitute?
by Neon Knight Wed 20 Dec - 0:48

» Favourite Quotes - Wit & Wisdom
by Neon Knight Mon 20 Nov - 0:16

» Near-Death Experiences
by Neon Knight Sun 19 Nov - 23:34

» Early Fantasy Novels
by Sary Mon 16 Oct - 1:33

» Computer Simulated Life Experience
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:28

» Career change
by OsricPearl Mon 9 Oct - 4:16

» A normal explanation for some hauntings
by Neon Knight Sun 1 Oct - 1:15

» Alice Cooper dropped by cosmetics firm for trans comments
by Sary Mon 11 Sep - 12:44

» DNA Shared by Relationship
by Sary Sat 26 Aug - 2:10

» Inside Balkan Churches
by Neon Knight Sun 30 Jul - 23:59

» UK Migration Issues
by Neon Knight Mon 17 Jul - 1:36

» The Legendary Dogmen
by Neon Knight Sun 9 Jul - 22:57

» Ancient Archaeological Finds
by OsricPearl Thu 6 Jul - 15:11

» Time Slips
by Neon Knight Thu 22 Jun - 0:38

» European Monarchies
by OsricPearl Tue 9 May - 3:08

» Chesterton's Fence
by Neon Knight Thu 4 May - 16:18

» Physical Map of Europe
by Sary Sat 15 Apr - 0:31

» The maps of Europe and the USA compared
by Neon Knight Sun 12 Mar - 18:11

» John Titor - a time and dimensional traveller?
by Sary Wed 8 Feb - 0:03

» The Sex Pistols' notorious early appearance on TV
by Sary Tue 24 Jan - 2:39

» Responding to SJW Rhetoric
by Neon Knight Mon 9 Jan - 11:00

» Which countries should refugees go to?
by OsricPearl Thu 29 Dec - 15:53

» Spotting dark personality traits from faces
by Guest Wed 28 Dec - 23:16

» Victorian Christmas Traditions
by Neon Knight Fri 23 Dec - 19:13

» The mystery behind the Pied Piper story
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 4:00

» Saint Places
by OsricPearl Wed 14 Dec - 3:40

» Ancient Monuments
by Sary Fri 2 Dec - 3:30

» Personality traits linked to political orientation
by Neon Knight Tue 22 Nov - 13:49

» Rainbows in European Mythology
by Sary Sat 19 Nov - 19:45

What do you believe about global warming?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Choose your position:

What do you believe about global warming? Vote_lcap0%What do you believe about global warming? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What do you believe about global warming? Vote_lcap25%What do you believe about global warming? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
What do you believe about global warming? Vote_lcap75%What do you believe about global warming? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

What do you believe about global warming? Empty What do you believe about global warming?

Post Neon Knight Fri 7 Jul - 18:54

The two key questions:

1. Is our burning of fossil fuels mostly to blame for global warming?

2. If so, is it too late to stop the worst effects in future? Will changing to clean energy make much difference?

What do you believe about global warming? Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2357

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you believe about global warming? Empty Re: What do you believe about global warming?

Post Aëlwenn Fri 7 Jul - 19:34

We are are guilty. And we need to change for green energy and hydrogen cars.
I personally use Hyundai Ionic electric. It’s not a problem here, we have a lot electric charger in France. I don’t know for other countries, but I think peoples around the world could change the transportation model. More electrics or hydrogen cars, more cycles in cities or public transportation. Co-driving, less use plastic, etc etc.

People who denied climatic change afraid me. We can see effects anywhere, look how hot thoses last days, in Netherlands, London, Berlin or Paris.
The south of England becoming an important wine product lands...
Aëlwenn
Aëlwenn
La dame du château

Female Posts : 166

Back to top Go down

What do you believe about global warming? Empty Re: What do you believe about global warming?

Post Jehan I Fri 7 Jul - 22:03

I don't think it's too late, but yeah our reaction to global warming is late. I beleive that with the evolution of technology we would be able to live in a respectuous way prior to nature.
But we must start to change now.

I'am not a green extremist who will shit in dry toilet (keep it as far as it cann be from me). But I totally support policy to change our way of living.
Jehan I
Jehan I
Un chevalier du château

Male Posts : 194

Back to top Go down

Post Impasible Fri 7 Jul - 22:05

Well, most scientifics say that global warming is real and human acitvities are the cause, and besides I can feel it convincingly in my personal circunstances, in the mediterranean coast where I live the summers are longer and warmer every year, more and more unbareable every year.

But climate doesn't need human activities to change, in the XVII century there was a mini ice age which lasted almost a century I think, it boosted the fur trade and because of that the colonization of Siberia by the russians, a curious aftermath.

And probably a new big ice age is awaiting humanity in a near future with dramatic and devasting consecuences.

We're very fragile in front of the force of nature, it seems the elite and powerful people who runs global affairs are not conscious of the idilic nature conditions we're enjoyning nowadays... we, the general public Crying should try to do something about it, like rejecting the contaminating energies for example.
Impasible
Impasible
Un caballero del castillo

Male Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post Neon Knight Fri 7 Jul - 22:33

The majority of experts say it is due to our burning stuff and I can only assume they know what are they are talking about.

But I think most people are not willing to reduce consumption and materialistic lifestyles enough to make a difference. Technology might save us from global warming but politics will not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10752606/We-should-give-up-trying-to-save-the-world-from-climate-change-says-James-Lovelock.html :

Saving the planet from climate change is ‘beyond our ability’ and we should stop wasting time trying to tackle global warming, a leading scientist has claimed James Lovelock, who first detected CFCs in the atmosphere and proposed the Gaia hypotheses, claims society should retreat to ‘climate-controlled cities’ and give up on large expanses of land which will become uninhabitable.

Lovelock, who has just published his latest book A Rough Ride To The Future, claims we should be ‘strengthening our defences and making a sustainable retreat.’ “We’re reaching an age in history where you can no longer predict the future with any hope of success. We should give up vainglorious attempts to save the world."

In his new book Lovelock writes: “We may have wasted valuable time, energy and resources by trying to grapple with climate change on a global scale. It sounds good to try to save the planet, but in reality we are not thinking of saving Gaia, we are thinking of saving Earth for us, or for our nation. The idea of ‘saving the planet’ is a foolish extravagance of romantic Northern ideologues and probably much beyond our ability."

“In a changing climate cities are most less vulnerable to external heat than our individuals. If most of us lived in cities, as it seems we soon will do, the regulation of the climate of these cities might be far easier, more economic and safer option in a hot climate than the regulation by geoengineering of the whole planet.“

What do you believe about global warming? Englan11

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies, life's a never ending wheel
- R.J.Dio
Neon Knight
Neon Knight
The Castellan

Male Posts : 2357

https://castle-europa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post Smitty Tue 11 Jul - 2:25

I don't accept the premise of warming in the first place. When did we begin measuring temperatures? 100 years ago? We have no clue what global changes are occurring and have been occurring for millennia. If it is warming, how can we know it's our doing and not a natural, cyclical shift? I suspect it's a Marxist hoax, but as with the "phenomenon" itself, I'll wait for proof.

Smitty
A knight of the castle

Male Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum